Wowza Community

Wowza web streaming Server?

does wowza come with a Apache installed in it to allow http streaming for progressive download I need a webserver to allow me to use the show and share mobile app

The built-in Wowza HTTP Providers use Apache to do the actual web serving, but I don’t think you’re going be able to add Apache mods like PHP. (not entirely sure) If you just want to show some client side HTML/Javascript to a few users it could work.

Why not just install Apache?

No, the Wowza Media Server installer does not install Apache.

-Lisa

Adding on to what Lisa said, Wowza doesn’t have any linux package dependencies so your Apache install issue lies somewhere else.

What I meant earlier is that Wowza uses Apache libs internally for the HTTPProviders. It’s not a full installation of the Apache Web Server as Lisa said.

Hi,

You can do this using the Woza GoCoder app from the Goodle Play Store. Instructions for using the App are here.

Then you can host an embedded player, such as JW Player, on your Web server. JW Player specific instructions are here.

Daren

thats what I was going to do I just run into dependices issues when trying to install it on redhat rhel 4

rungkaka165,

What problem are you having? Please ask a specific question so we know what you are talking about.

Thank you.

Salvadore

hello…

am trying to make video streaming from android to my web server not localhost…how i can do that ?

any help,please…

I also am having problems like this one can help me

Can anyone help me fix this problem