Wowza Community

Woza keeps restarting

All of a sudden, our Wowza server keeps restarting every 3-5 minutes. Any ideas as to why? These are the errors from the error log today:

#Version: 1.0

#Start-Date: 2012-03-30 11:19:16 EDT

#Software: Wowza Media Server 3.0.5 build1220

#Date: 2012-03-30

#Fields: x-severity x-category x-event date time c-client-id c-ip c-port cs-bytes sc-bytes x-duration x-sname x-stream-id x-spos sc-stream-bytes cs-stream-bytes x-file-size x-file-length x-ctx x-comment

WARN server comment 2012-03-30 11:19:35 - - - - - 19.331 - - - - - - - - Waiting for RTCP packet. See docs for (Application.xml: RTP/AVSyncMethod and RTP/MaxRTCPWaitTime).

WARN server comment 2012-03-30 11:19:35 - - - - - 19.391 - - - - - - - - Waiting for RTCP packet. See docs for (Application.xml: RTP/AVSyncMethod and RTP/MaxRTCPWaitTime).

WARN server comment 2012-03-30 11:19:39 - - - - - 23.291 - - - - - - - - RTCPHandler.isTimeSyncReady: Hit MaxRTCPWaitTime synchronizing on system clock.

WARN server comment 2012-03-30 11:22:52 - - - - - 215.712 - - - - - - - - Waiting for RTCP packet. See docs for (Application.xml: RTP/AVSyncMethod and RTP/MaxRTCPWaitTime).

WARN server comment 2012-03-30 11:22:52 - - - - - 215.733 - - - - - - - - Waiting for RTCP packet. See docs for (Application.xml: RTP/AVSyncMethod and RTP/MaxRTCPWaitTime).

WARN server comment 2012-03-30 11:22:56 - - - - - 219.672 - - - - - - - - RTCPHandler.isTimeSyncReady: Hit MaxRTCPWaitTime synchronizing on system clock.

#Start-Date: 2012-03-30 11:27:43 EDT

#Fields: x-severity x-category x-event date time c-client-id c-ip c-port cs-bytes sc-bytes x-duration x-sname x-stream-id x-spos sc-stream-bytes cs-stream-bytes x-file-size x-file-length x-ctx x-comment

WARN server comment 2012-03-30 11:28:08 - - - - - 25.183 - - - - - - - - Waiting for RTCP packet. See docs for (Application.xml: RTP/AVSyncMethod and RTP/MaxRTCPWaitTime).

WARN server comment 2012-03-30 11:28:08 - - - - - 25.257 - - - - - - - - Waiting for RTCP packet. See docs for (Application.xml: RTP/AVSyncMethod and RTP/MaxRTCPWaitTime).

WARN server comment 2012-03-30 11:28:12 - - - - - 29.14 - - - - - - - - RTCPHandler.isTimeSyncReady: Hit MaxRTCPWaitTime synchronizing on system clock.

#Start-Date: 2012-03-30 11:29:27 EDT

WARN server comment 2012-03-30 11:29:56 - - - - - 28.876 - - - - - - - - Waiting for RTCP packet. See docs for (Application.xml: RTP/AVSyncMethod and RTP/MaxRTCPWaitTime).

WARN server comment 2012-03-30 11:29:56 - - - - - 29.313 - - - - - - - - Waiting for RTCP packet. See docs for (Application.xml: RTP/AVSyncMethod and RTP/MaxRTCPWaitTime).

WARN server comment 2012-03-30 11:30:00 - - - - - 32.87 - - - - - - - - RTCPHandler.isTimeSyncReady: Hit MaxRTCPWaitTime synchronizing on system clock.

#Start-Date: 2012-03-30 11:33:11 EDT

WARN server comment 2012-03-30 11:34:39 - - - - - 88.747 - - - - - - - - Waiting for RTCP packet. See docs for (Application.xml: RTP/AVSyncMethod and RTP/MaxRTCPWaitTime).

WARN server comment 2012-03-30 11:34:39 - - - - - 88.825 - - - - - - - - Waiting for RTCP packet. See docs for (Application.xml: RTP/AVSyncMethod and RTP/MaxRTCPWaitTime).

WARN server comment 2012-03-30 11:34:43 - - - - - 92.791 - - - - - - - - RTCPHandler.isTimeSyncReady: Hit MaxRTCPWaitTime synchronizing on system clock.

ERROR server comment 2012-03-30 11:37:12 - - - - - 241.324 - - - - - - - - RTPSessionDescriptionDataProviderBasicRTSPWorker.processResponse: request missing: CSeq: 15

Any ideas?

It looks like the encoder is not sending RTCP packets. Are you able to play back with VLC?

Try changing RTP/AVSyncMethod to: systemclock in [install-dir]/conf/[application-name]/Application.xml.

-Lisa

Is Wowza actually re-starting? Looks like the MediaCaster system is trying to reconnect to a stream repeatedly, which is by design.

Richard

Very weird. Did anything change in your setup that coincided with the sudden issue? A software update perhaps?

Since the server is not functional in this state. You might try just starting over. Backup/rename your WowzaMediaServer-3.0.5 folder (or whatever it is named), and just reinstall a fresh copy. If it’s still restarting this will tell you it’s likely due to something external to Wowza. Since you’d be installing the same version, you can switch back and forth between the fresh installation and your old one just by renaming the folders.

As Lisa says, changing AVSyncMethod to one of the other alternative should at least resolve those errors.

The default is

senderreport

Alternatives are systemclock or rtptimecode

Try each and use the one that works best.

Daren

It looks like the encoder is not sending RTCP packets. Are you able to play back with VLC?

Try changing RTP/AVSyncMethod to: systemclock in [install-dir]/conf/[application-name]/Application.xml.

-Lisa

When you say am I able to play back with VLC, do you mean reconnect to Wowza with VLC or view the RTSP source of our camera/dvr directly through VLC? Ill answer both :slight_smile:

When the wowza server restarts, sometimes I am able to reconnect through VLC, but eventually after doing this a few time, the Wowza server becomes unresponsive and I have to reboot it.

I can connect directly to the RTSP stream through VLC at all times, even when Wowza is having issues, VLC directly connected is not.

As Lisa says, changing AVSyncMethod to one of the other alternative should at least resolve those errors.

The default is

senderreport

Alternatives are systemclock or rtptimecode

Try each and use the one that works best.

Daren

Tried both, server keeps restarting with all 3.

I have tried uninstalling wowza, and than deleting the left over wowza folder on the C: drive. I also thought maybe it was something that I installed on my computer, but then I went back to our test server which hasn’t been touched, and its also doing this.

I am assuming its restarting? When I start the stream manager, the wowza server goes through the 1-10 id’s of Video, Audio, and Chunk. When I lose connection to the server, I can see the wowza server going through these id checks again… When it was working, it never went through these checks, except for when I first launch the stream manager.

Maybe I am not setting it up properly?

What I am trying to do is stream our DVR, through Wowza, using RTSP. I can connect directly to the DVR using VLC and view which ever channel I want.

I install Wowza.

Make [andy] folder in [applications]

Make [andy] folder in [conf]

I put this application.xml file in the new [andy] folder I just put in [conf] :https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-re-stream-video-from-an-ip-camera-rtsp-rtp-re-streaming

I edit the admin.password file and put my desired username and password.

Then in the [content] folder, I create a .stream file and put the RTSP address which I use to directly to connect with VLC.

I start Wowza, then use IE to connect to the stream manager, and I start “andy” and enter camera.stream

Also, a little off topic, but have you ever heard of this before? I have to restart our IP cameras, for them to work with Wowza each morning. I come in, turn my PC on, I can connect to all the cameras in IE, I can connect to them in VLC, and other streaming servers, but when I start wowza, I cant view any of the live streams which involve a camera, until I reboot the cameras.

Ok, so now today, after the weekend… I am not getting disconnected anymore, but the video is stopping every 6-10 minutes, for a couple of minutes, but the audio keeps playing and eventually the video un-freezes. Does this sound like a network issue?

Edit: as soon as I wrote this, it restarted. Ran for 40 minutes though, which is better than 5