Thread: plain english training? or video tutorials?

Default plain english training? or video tutorials?

Hi all, I am new here. I am really wanting to get this Wowza language down, and I am very confused how I am supposed to use this on my server.

I am using a new server with centos, and cpanel for webhosting. - and the more I read, the more I am thinking that wowza is not supposed to be run side by side with a setup like this?

This might be where I am confused, how do I allow my domains to store video files, and stream them? I just can't make sense of the instructions. - For visual learners, are there any videos to help narrow the learning curve? It took me 2 weeks to figure out the installation. -

Definitely a newb.

No help for the new kid - bummer!

Anyone help me with the thought that Wowza is not supposed to run with a typical webhosting setup simultaneously? I have a system from a provider that is centos, with cpanel, and apache.

I am stumped on how to make a video stream for a domain that is hosted setup through the cpanel. - I read I am to change the application.xml >? - but what do I change and to what.?

Also, I am trying to figure out how to open ports for wowza to stream on centos in ssh. Anyone help me?

There are video and text based tutorials here:

Wowza and CPanel are not involved with each other. They should be okay on the same machine. A web server is okay on the same machine.

You open ports in your OS to allow ssh. You bind to ports in Wowza if you want to use them for outbound streaming: