Thread: audio problem with flash player 11.2 occurs only with Stream class stream

Default audio problem with flash player 11.2 occurs only with Stream class stream

Hi,

I'm having an issue which just popped up recently due to the flash player 11.2 update.
    Here's what we found:
    When using SoundTransform volume to change the volume of the flash player stream the audio beging to stutter and sound choppy when using values <=0.5.
    What we noticed is this happens only with our "live stream" and not when playing vod.
    The difference I guess is that our "live stream" is made of the Stream class using playlists to switch between videos whereas the vod just plays that one video.

Any idea of how this can be resolved? Is there some setting that makes the stream different to the flash player?
    This is easily reproducible with flash player 11.2 just set the volume below 50% for a Stream class stream vs a vod stream.

Please help.

Thanks,
    Jonathan

It is probably because of differences in the audio track from one file to the next. If you can get the audio track to be identical in each item, that would be ideal

Richard

Do you mean different encoding?
    I don't think that's the case, this happens right from the beginning on the first item put on the stream's playlist.
    What else can this be?

So it doesn't matter if there are multiple items in the Stream class stream, just that it is live vs vod delivery of the same file?

Can you test with Wowza SimpleVideoStreaming player for vod, and the LiveVideoStreaming player for the live stream?

[wowza-install-dir]/examples/SimpleVideoStreaming/client/simplevideostreaming.html

[wowza-install-dir]/examples/LiveVideoStreaming.html/client/live.html

Richard

Well the problem is when setting the volume beneath 50% using the SoundTransform class.
    I'm sure if I modify the fla and add the code there for setting the volume it will occur.
    This occurs only in the latest flash 11.2
    If you want I can give you a link to our live stream and a vod stream so you can listen.
    Also, I don't mind modifying these example and adding the code there for setting the volume myself.
    I think there is a problem with the new flash 11.2 and wowza live streaming which you should look into regardless of my problem as penetration of 11.2 will just get higher and the problem will escalate.

Please let me know.

Thanks,
    Jonathan

Jonathan,

Thanks for the report. I will bring it up at next meeting, but it sounds like a player bug. If there is a Wowza fix for it I can't estimate if/when but it won't be for several weeks at least.

Richard

Thanks.
    It does seem like a player bug: https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?...bug&id=3155474
    It is just weird that it makes a difference between vod and live stream - why would it matter to the flash player?

Just FYI: There is now a report with this problem on FMS, so it's most likely not Wowza related.