Thread: How can I serve basic live HTTP audio to browsers w/out Flash? (ex: ShoutCast)

Default How can I serve basic live HTTP audio to browsers w/out Flash? (ex: ShoutCast)

I just started digging into Wowza docs and config files and was surprised that it looks like maybe basic HTTP audio serving of live feeds isn't supported. Does anyone know a way to do this? My client wants to support live audio streaming to browsers without Flash ideally and just using Flash as a fallback.

Wowza supports Flash HTTP, called sanjosestreaming in Wowza. You need a osmf player.

Follow the configuration and playback steps for sanjosestreaming in the live tutorial that fits your needs:
    http://www.wowza.com/forums/content.php?4

Playback is easy with this hosted player:
    http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....h-Wowza-Server

Audio only is supported with sanjosestreaming. (Audio only is not support in Silverlight smoothstreaming)

Richard

Thanks for the reply. What a bummer tho as my project requirements were to support audio streaming with the native webbrowser. Should be super easy for Wowza to have supported I would imagine.

tomwg123,

You would think it would be easy, right? It's not that Wowza can't, it's that most browsers don't support live streaming, and/or there is no consensus on codec/protocol, so you would have to transcode.