Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Play HLS on Pseudo VOD..

Default Continuous Playback of VOD files

I'm trying to play multiple VOD files one after another on Wowza..
    Is this possible.

Say for ex:-
    I have

I want each file to play one after the other. And it should repeat.. Please let me know how I can do this?

Please let me know.

Last edited by sanjaylb; 04-05-2012 at 05:14 PM.

I'm getting "Failed to play Stream1; stream not found". Am I missing something? Is there anything like starting the stream?

If I call the Stream name as "Stream1" in live.html, how will wowza know that i'm playing "streamschedule.smil". I may have many smil's in my /content dir.

Are you talking about the first link I posted? It sounds like you didn't implement all the steps, or maybe you didn't restart Wowza.

Yes.. I implemented the first link you posted.. I navigated to the following link from there.

When I have named the stream as "Stream1", Shouldn't I publish the stream?

You will likely want to omit the last 3 steps:

1. You can set another name for the application to be populated in /conf/Server.xml /Properties:
    2. And if you want to publish to another VHost, add this Property to /conf/Server.xml /Properties:
    3. MetaData from media files are passed to the live stream by default, if you don't want that to happen, add this Property to /conf/Server.xml /Properties:

-If you made those changes, reverse them.

Be sure to play with [install-dir]/examples/LiveVideoStreaming/client/live.html

"When I have named the stream as "Stream1", Shouldn't I publish the stream?"
    The stream will be published by default when you restart.

Start Wowza from the command line using "startup.bat" so you can look for any error messages in real time.

Hi.. Thanks for the response.. I am able to see the stream playing now..

Can I know how the below smil file works.. As all the filename in this smil are "sample.mp4", i am a little confused about where to replace, different filenames.
    Confused between what is pl1 and Stream1..

Say I need to play file1, file2 and file3 one after the other. Where should I change that..? Please let me know..

<stream name="Stream1"></stream>
    <stream name="Stream2"></stream>

<playlist name="pl1" playOnStream="Stream1" repeat="true" scheduled="2009-12-11 16:00:00">
    <video src="mp4:sample.mp4" start="5" length="5"/>
    <video src="mp4:sample.mp4" start="50" length="5"/>
    <video src="mp4:sample.mp4" start="150" length="5"/>
    <playlist name="pl2" playOnStream="Stream1" repeat="true" scheduled="2009-12-11 16:30:00">
    <video src="mp4:sample.mp4" start="0" length="-1"/>

<playlist name="pl3" playOnStream="Stream2" repeat="true" scheduled="2009-12-11 16:00:00">
    <video src="mp4:sample.mp4" start="30" length="5"/>

Each playlist will start playing on a stream at a certain time, or immediately if the date is in the past. So you can have many playlists (pl1, pl2 in the example) that each play on the same stream but at different times. When they play, they play the items in the list, which are all files in the example, but can also be live streams being published or re-streamed by the same Wowza application. Use start value "-2" to indicate the item is live stream.

Okay.. I pretty much understood it.. What does the start value actually mean..? And will each video in the playlist play fully??

start means when to start playback if it is 0 or greater, and means it is live stream if is -2.

Each video in the list will play from the start value for the length value. Both are in seconds.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast