Thread: Trouble with getting the sample.mp4 to play after set up is complete

Default Trouble with getting the sample.mp4 to play after set up is complete

I have the server set up but I am unable to get the built in VOD to play. I get a "Failed to play sample.mp4; stream not found." error. Please help.

Hello,
    With a fresh install you should be able to play back sample.mp4 with one of the sample players without any additional configuration. Check that sample.mp4 is still in [install-dir]/content. Using the sample player in [install-dir]/examples/SimpleVideoStreaming/client, enter:
    Server: rtmp://localhost/vod
    Stream: mp4:sample.mp4

-Lisa

Quote Originally Posted by itgeek1972 View Post
    I have the server set up but I am unable to get the built in VOD to play. I get a "Failed to play sample.mp4; stream not found." error. Please help.
    As I stated in my previous post, I cannot get that to play. See the error above, "Failed to play sample.mp4; stream not found." Thank you for your response but I still need help. All is setup according to the Quick Start guide with the sample.mp4 in the /content and the sample player, rtmp from the /examples/SimpleVideoStreaming/client. This is all been done and I am still having an issue. Thank you.

Check the /conf/vod/Application.xml /StreamType. It should be "default", but it sounds like you changed it to "live".

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by rrlanham View Post
    Check the /conf/vod/Application.xml /StreamType. It should be "default", but it sounds like you changed it to "live".

Richard
    I have checked the Application.xml file and it already had default listed. Any other suggestions?

Zip up conf and logs folders and send them to support@wowza.com. Include a link to this thread.

Richard