Thread: Old streams repeats and repeats like ghosts

Default Old streams repeats and repeats like ghosts

I will try to discribe my situation.
    1. I installed wowza (last version) on Linux server. (VPS 1 GB RAM, unlime internet channel).
    2. I used VideoChat (Wowza example) to check how everything works.
    3. Change this parametr "Edit the newly copied Application.xml and and change Streams/StreamType to live-lowlatency" for lowest possible latency from video capture.

What problems I faced with:
    1. I found an companion and FIRST start video chat with him. I have huge delay between me and my companion (30 sec or 1 min, may be even more).
    2. I stoped videochat. Next day (in 2 hours, no matter) started it again with the same companion and see his old video and audio stream, that one, which were in my first video session.
    3. Everytime I start new videochat I don't see my opponent in real time, but see his old stream.

I didn't change anything in Wowza setting. Left all by default.
    I understand, that 1 Gb RAM it's not enough, but I have only 1 converstion. Why it's so strange ghosts appears?

Have any ideas of this.
    Thanks for any help.

The descriptions sounds like the StreamType is actually "default" not "live-lowlatency". Where is the Application.xml? It should be here:

[wowza-install-dir]/conf/[app-name]/Application.xml

If that is its location, get a new copy of it and remake the configuration, because it may be malformed.

Richard

Thanks for reply!
    I created a new folder, put there new Application.xml and changed StreamType from "default" to "live-lowlatency".
    The same result. After this I read all posts about audio streaming. Also nothing.

BUT. In folder <content> I found all my audio and video streams (<stream>.flv)
    Wowza wrote all my streams, that's why I had huge delays (I have simple VPS) and that ghosts.

May be you can help me to turn it off? I can't find inside Application.xml correct place.
    Thank you.

Zip up the conf and logs folders and send them to support@wowza.com.

Take a screen shot of the Wowza VideoChat application with its settings and send that too

Include a link to this thread for reference

Richard