Wowza Community

ABR livestream from RTMP

Hello,

I am trying to set up ABR live streaming with Wowza but I haven’t been able to get it working yet. My setup consists of an application publishing 3 livestreams (named livestream1, livestream2 and livestream3) with different bitrates to Wowza (using RTMP), and from Wowza I want to publish the ABR livestream. So far I can watch each stream on a Flash player (also RTMP, i.e. using the url rtmp://[wowza-ip]/myapplication/livestream#) and I have created a SMIL file livestream.smil in the /content folder as outlined below:

<smil>
    <head>
    </head>
    <body>
        <switch>
            <video src="livestream1" system-bitrate="200000"/>
            <video src="livestream2" system-bitrate="300000"/>
            <video src="livestream3" system-bitrate="500000"/>
        </switch>
    </body>
</smil>

But when I try to watch the ABR stream on the Flash player using the URL http://[wowza-ip]:1935/myapplication/smil:livestream.smil/manifest.f4m the video does not play (black screen) and the console on the Wowza server shows the following messeges:

INFO sanjose connect 971115012 -
INFO stream create livestream.smil -
WARN server comment livestream1 MediaReaderH264.open[1]: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files\Wowza Media Systems\Wowza Media Server 3.0.5\content\livestream1 (The system cannot find the file specified)
WARN server comment livestream2 MediaReaderH264.open[1]: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files\Wowza Media Systems\Wowza Media Server 3.0.5\content\livestream2 (The system cannot find the file specified)
WARN server comment livestream3 MediaReaderH264.open[1]: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files\Wowza Media Systems\Wowza Media Server 3.0.5\content\livestream3 (The system cannot find the file specified)
ERROR server comment - MediaReaderH264SanJose.indexFile:java.lang.NullPointerException
ERROR server comment - MediaReaderH264SanJose.indexFile:java.lang.NullPointerException

I have seen some discussions and articles referring to files that should be created corresponding to the streams used in conjunction with the SMIL file, namely .sdp and .stream files, but they were mentioned in specific connection to RTSP and MPEG-TS streams respectively, and I have’nt found information on RTMP streams.

If anyone has a suggestion on something I can try to do to solve, or if there is something I’m overlooking here, please leave your comment!

Thank you,

João.

Your application is probably with streamtype default and not live.

Try restarting Wowza to be sure the application is reloaded

Richard

The buffering could be a bandwidth vs. bitrate issue.

-Lisa

True. I had changed to live but not restarted Wowza. Now I restarted Wowza and it started working. Thanks a lot!

Another question: after a little while the video stops and starts buffering, but it won’t start playing again unless I refresh the webpage. Any clue what might be the reason for that behavior?

Thanks

I also have the same error as specified in the log message above…

I tried the solution given…

Now my application stream type is live and i restarted the wowza too…But still remains same error

Help me to solve this