Thread: Publish a stream for nDVR..

Default Publish a stream for nDVR..

Hi,

I'm trying to implement nDVR add on. I have made the necessary configurations as in the Tutorial.

How do I make sure that nDVR is running? And, how do I publish a stream.. I have a content which is streaming as live on wowza..?

How do I record the same..? Please let know.

Thanks,
    Sanjay

Hi
    When you went through the tutorial, did you try the example that's shown?
    http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....za-network-DVR

Jason

Hi Jason,

I looked at the example under the "Playback" in the Tutorial. This did not help..

I have done the "Basic Configuration" as in the tutorial.
    Can I know what is that I need to do ?

Thanks,
    Sanjay

Wowza nDVR provides the ability to record a live stream with Wowza Media Server 3 while simultaneously allowing users to play, pause, resume and rewind the recorded stream.

First verify that you can successfully play back a live stream without nDVR, this means disabling nDVR in your Application.xml so that DVR/Recorders looks like this:
    Recorders></Recorders>
    This is Test #1 in the Troubleshooting Section of the nDVR tutorial. You publish the stream the same way you would publish for a live workflow without nDVR. The steps vary a little depending on your set up and are described in each of the live tutorials.

Then try test #2. Step #7 in test #2 shows sample log messages you should see in [install-dir]/logs/wowzamediaserver_access.log when nDVR is initialized and configured properly.

-Lisa

Thanks Lisa..

I'm getting the following logs.. I think Step #7 is going through, as I can see in this log below. Test #1 is configured too.

2012-04-12 15:23:04 PDT comment server INFO 200 - DvrStreamManagerBase.initProperties properties: {Properties: isDvrPacketizer: true} - - - 0.091 - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012-04-12 15:23:04 PDT comment server INFO 200 - DvrStreamManagerBase.initStorage[dvr/_definst_/myStream] : storeName:dvrfilestorage isRecorder:true hasStorage:true - - - 0.093 - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - -
    2012-04-12 15:23:32 PDT comment server INFO 200 - DvrStreamManagerBase.initProperties properties: {Properties: isDvrPacketizer: true} - - - 28.302 - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012-04-12 15:23:32 PDT comment server INFO 200 - DvrStreamManagerBase.initStorage[dvr/_definst_/Stream1] : storeName:dvrfilestorage isRecorder:true hasStorage:true - - - 28.304 - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - -

I'm not sure if Test #8 is working. As I cant see the .isma and .ismv files. under [install-dir]/dvr/dvr/_definst_/

Please let me know.

Thanks,
    Sanjay

Do you see these lines from step #7?:

MediaStreamMap.getLiveStreamPacketizer: Create live stream packetizer: dvrstreamingpacketizer:myStream
    comment server INFO 200 MediaStreamMap.getDvrRecorder: Create DVR Recorder: dvrrecorder:myStream

If not, maybe you didn't add "dvrstreamingpacketizer" to your Application.xml.

Posting a more complete log output will help us see the problem.

Also note, you need you need to publish to the "dvr" app with streamname myStream, or use MediaCaster. Please post the URI you are using to publish the stream.

Hi,

I'm not seeing this line below in the log.. I'm getting the first line, mentioned in your previous thread.

comment server INFO 200 MediaStreamMap.getDvrRecorder: Create DVR Recorder: dvrrecorder:myStream..

"dvrstreamingpacketizer" is already added in /conf/vod/Application.xml. But cupertinostreamingpacketizer and smoothstreamingpacketizer is not added. Not sure if this needs to be added.

Please provide a mail id, so that I can send you the logs or let me know how I can send. Logs are about 1000 lines..

How do I publish a stream? Let me know.

Thanks,
    Sanjay

Hello Sanjay,

When requesting help on the forums or submitting a support ticket, please follow the instructions here: http://www.wowza.com/forums/

We need to know what your setup is, your encoder, encoder settings, how you are publishing, what the URL is you are trying to play, etc..

Then we will know which of the following publishing techniques to use:

How to publish and play a live stream (RTMP based encoder)
    How to publish and play a live stream (RTSP/RTP based encoder)
    How to publish and play a live stream (MPEG-TS based encoder)
    How to publish and play a live stream (native RTP encoder with SDP file)
    How to re-stream video from an IP camera (RTSP/RTP re-streaming)
    Server side publishing using the Stream class

Hi,

Thanks for the update and sorry if I was missing any information.

I need to basically record the live stream using the nDVR feature. I have 2 streams playing,
    * The Pseudo VOD playing as a live stream
    * Live streaming through VSS Streamer.

I would then want to play the recorded stream on Safari.. Let me know, if any other info is required.

Thanks,
    SJ

Hi Sanjay,
    It's not clear where exactly you are in the process.
    You can send zipped conf/ and logs/ folders to support@wowza.com
    Reference this thread in your email and give more details about how the streams
    are being provided to Wowza and what configuration steps you have gone through so far.

Daren