Thread: question on .swf files

Default question on .swf files

Hello all,

I am trying to get my arms around a project using an older version of Wowza. The programmer who developed this for me is no longer available. I have upgraded to Wowza 3.1.0, and I have gotten the examples to work.

My specific question is that the old project has a couple of .swf files that are doing the heavy lifting:

XMLSocket.swf
    player.swf

Are these custom-built executables? Files for which I cannot get the actual code? Or are they files that have been downloaded off the 'net somewhere? I am trying to figure out if I have to write my own versions of these two .swf programs, or if I can find them elsewhere.

They are compiled Flash applications, which would be served from a web server and run in user's browser. They might connect to Wowza and playback streams and/or interact with Wowza. The source might be a .fla file with the same name, or look for Flex source files that might include .mxml and/or .as files.

Richard

Also, you can write to support@wowza.com and ask for list of independent developers if you are looking for someone new to help.

Richard

OK, thank you -- I have found the sample files within your examples folder as well.