Thread: server media from different folder

Default server media from different folder

Can anyone help me simplify how to get video to play from the /local/usr/wowza... folder to a folder that would be on my webhosting files?

I would have /local/usr/public_html/media

I am lost as to what to have in the applications.xml, and where to have that applications.xml

Also do I have that file inside the new location?

I am confused by reading the manual that I can change the locations of the media files.

Please help.

George

Hi George,

It is easy to change the location of the Wowza content folder. You just change the <StorageDir> property in the Application.xml for your application. For example, if your application is "vod", edit [Wowza-Install-Dir]/conf/vod/Application.xml, and change your StorageDir property from :

<StorageDir>${com.wowza.wms.context.VHostConfigHome}/content</StorageDir>

to:

<StorageDir>/local/usr/public_html/media</StorageDir>

See the User Guide section "Content Storage": http://www.wowza.com/resources/Wowza...UsersGuide.pdf
    Last edited by randall; 04-13-2012 at 11:03 PM.

I am trying to use an external hard drive on a Mac running Wowza. I have tried using <StorageDir>/Volumes/WowzaContent</StorageDir> but I keep getting a failure to find the drive or video. What else should I use for the path in StorageDir?

I'm not sure, but I would test with the Mac terminal, whatever it takes to cd into that drive should work.

Richard

Yeah to cd into the drive it is cd /Volumes/WowzaContent. But that doesn't work. I get this error:java.io.FileNotFoundException: /LibraryWowzaMediaServer/Volumes/WowzaContent/iel_videos/air-tires.m4v (No such file or directory) when I try to view the video from a webpage. If I put the folder and video file in /content and change the StorageDir then the video plays. No one else is having this problem putting their files on another drive whether external or internal?

I used a symbolic link to make the server see the external hard drive as if it were the content folder.

Thanks for the update and info.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by bobmax48 View Post
    I used a symbolic link to make the server see the external hard drive as if it were the content folder.
    by doing this :
    Go to the osx terminal :
    ln -s /target/content /link/path/your_new_content/