Thread: MediaCache and query string

Default MediaCache and query string

I need to append a query string to the end of a MediaCache source URL, exactly the same as in this forum post.
    http://www.wowza.com/forums/showthre...ith-Mediacache

I understand the caching problem, but I am using vods3 sources in a live stream so it is not really an issue.

Is there anything I can subclass or hack which will make MediaCache pass the full source URL, including the query string, back to the source server?

Hi
    I don't think that this can be done I'm afraid.

You could ask for the independent consultants list my email.
    Send you request to support@wowza.com.

You may be able to find out from the list of consultants if this is possible or not and/or if they can do it (if you wanted).

Jason

As noted in the post you linked to, if you were to pass unique querystring in MediaCache URL it would break caching

Richard

I'm not really bothered about caching. As I said, the MediaCache source is simply a source for a live stream, so there will only ever be one of them at a time anyway.

Is there an easier/alternative way to read content from a network location? I've written modules to do this in the past, but if there's anything built in it would make my life a hell of a lot easier...

Hi
    The best thing to do is to explain exactly what it is you're trying to accomplish that way you will get more accurate support.

Jason

How can I open a media file from a network location, including a custom query string, and use it in a call to Stream.createInstance().

Apart from writing a custom class, which I can do but will be time-consuming, is there an easier way?

Mount the remote volume via NFS or SMB for instance. That is done completely transparently to Woza, which looks at it like a local directory..