Thread: jittering issues

Default jittering issues

Hello,

We have customer who is publishing rtmp stream using FMLE 3.2 which appears to be fine but he sees frame skip and jittering issues lot when viewing video.

I am wondering what could be issue?

Wowza version is 3.0.5

Stream encoder output is 1280x720 @ 59.95fps @ 1680kbps bitrate

Please help!

J

He is watching video using JWPlayer. His encoder has sufficient bandwidth (5 mbps upload and 20mbps download). No issues with tracert/reverse tracert. No errors on Wowza server.

This is standalone live application.

I am running out of clue. Please help!

Hi
    What are the video/audio codec?
    What is the player being used when experiencing these issues?

I think this is probably a bandwidth issue, if you lower the bitrate and fps do you still experience the same problems?

Jason

Jason,

Video H264 MainProfile 3.2
    Audo AAC 128kbps

I am unable to change fps on FMLE, only option I see is 59.95. I am not sure how I will fix that.

Thanks,
    J

Hi
    You may not be able to lower the fps due to the capture card that's being used.

What's the cpu usage on the encoding box?

You could try using baseline 3.0, Not sure if that will lower the quality more than you're expecting but if that works you can raise to 3.1 etc until you find a level ground.
    If you wanted to stream this to any player that isn't a flash client the other clients will struggle if you keep the main profile.

Jason

Jason,

Thanks for your prompt response.

For some reason, it is not allowing me to switch profile and this is where I am juggling. I am not sure if it is capture card issue or soemthing else but it looks like I have very limited options available in encoder to change. It is my sense that it could be fps that is creating issue but I have no clue how to fix it.

Also I am aware of the levels and unfortunately this client is looking to support ipod, iphone and other devices where I believe I will see playback issues.

My other thought is that it could be video input issue or may be wowza but I am not sure where to start troubleshooting, do you know any good player for HLS and RTMP on Windows that can show stream info like frame size, fps and bitrate etc. I tried VLC but it sometime works and sometime doesn't, it doesn't give accurate info which is why I am not able to rely on it.

Thanks again,
    J

Hi
    Actually I don't know of any other player that allow you to check codec information etc., I've always used VLC for this and its given me reliable information.
    If the codec info isn't reliable it suggest to me that this is an encoding issue which again points at the capture card that's restricting your options.

What does Google say about the capture card that you are using?
    Does it flag up customer complaints or reports of fixes.

You may have to ask the manufacturer for the latest drivers.

Jason