Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Configure own Live Stream under Wowza

Default Configure own Live Stream under Wowza

i have a live stream URL coming from our CDN which is external and needs to be configured under wowza server for eg. rmtp://cdnserver/live/flash89958. Where do i configure or specify my rmtp URL so i can map it with wowza Live application.

Take a look at this guide:

http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....such-as-Akamai

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by rrlanham View Post
    thank you very much. This is what i wanted, but i have few problems, i followed all the steps in the guide . this is how it looks under the Stream Manager
    live/_definst_
    Streams:
    rtmp.stream[stop receiving stream][reset receiving stream]
    rtmp://<cdnserver>/live/Flash_99696[stop receiving stream][reset receiving stream]
    [start receiving stream]

a. I made sure the stream file doesn't have .txt as extension but then too i keep getting the warning as below
    WARN server comment - RTPSessionDescriptionDataProviderBasic.getStreamInfo: SDP file missing: C:/Program Files/Wowza Media Systems/Wowza Media Server 3.0.5/content/rtmp://<cdnserver>/live/Flash_99696

b. When i try to use examples\LiveVideoStreaming\client\live.html and give values Server : rtmp://localhost/live and Stream : rtmp.stream
    i see lot of chunks being added as below but get warning
    INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSanJose.endChunkTS[live/_definst_/rtmp.stream]: Add chunk: id:6 a/v/k:431/301/6 duration:10010
    INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerCupertino.endChunkTS[live/_definst_/rtmp.stream]: Add chunk: id:6 a/v/k:143/300/6 duration:10010
    INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSanJose.endChunkTS[live/_definst_/rtmp.stream]: Add chunk: id:7 a/v/k:433/301/6 duration:10010
    INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerCupertino.endChunkTS[live/_definst_/rtmp.stream]: Add chunk: id:7 a/v/k:144/300/6 duration:10010

WARN server comment - Missing function: createStream

I do not know what is missing?

It looks like you are starting the rtmp url in StreamManager instead of using the .stream file you mentioned. Use "rtmp.stream" as the stream name you start and

Can you play this cedn stream in the Wowza example LiveVideoStreaming player?

[install-dir]/examples/LiveVideoStreaming/client/live.html

If it plays in Wowza player and it is FMS server, it should work with this method.

Richard

Didnt in the guide it mentioned to publish stream with StreamManager ?
    http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....such-as-Akamai

Yes as i mentioned above i tried using the liveVideoStreaming --> live.html i not able to see the stream and i am getting

thanks .

I mean to play the source, the CDN RTMP stream in live.html. This is to test that it is really unprotected. That player has no security features for FMS, so if it plays it means it is unprotected and you should be able to re-stream it. If not, it is protected, and we don't have a way to re-stream it.

Richard

thank you.
    Yes i tried to play with the LiveVideoStreaming player example [install-dir]/examples/LiveVideoStreaming/client/live.html
    and get the warning when i click the 'play' button.
    Does this mean the stream might be protected? or what could be the other reason.

This probably means the Application.xml is malformed. Grab a new copy of /conf/Application.xml and remake configuration

Richard

yes i grabbed the new copy and started all over again. I moved ahead of createStream error.

When i try to play the example i see the below log entries:

INFO session connect-pending 127.0.0.1 -
    INFO session connect 127.0.0.1 -
    INFO stream create - -
    INFO server comment - MediaStreamMediaCasterPlay: startPlay
    INFO server comment - RTPMediaCaster.create[7390092]
    INFO server comment - RTPMediaCaster.init[7390092]
    INFO server comment - RTPMediaCaster.Reconnector[7390092:live/_definst_:rtmp.stream]: start: 1
    INFO server comment - RTPSessionDescriptionDataProviderBasic.getStreamInfo[live/_definst_]: C:/Program Files (x86)/Wowza Media Systems/Wowza Media Server 3.0.5/content/rtmp://cp87160.live.edgefcs.net/live/Flash_3@57065
    WARN server comment - RTPSessionDescriptionDataProviderBasic.getStreamInfo: SDP file missing: C:/Program Files (x86)/Wowza Media Systems/Wowza Media Server 3.0.5/content/rtmp://cp87160.live.edgefcs.net/live/Flash_3@57065

But nothing plays in the player.. i waited for a 45 seconds just-in-case but wasnt successful to see any stream in the player?

Make sure the /conf/[app-name]/Application.xml /StreamType is "live", and that you are starting the stream in StreamManager with MediaCaster type "liverepeater". It looks like you are starting the stream with MediaCaster type "rtp"

Did you verify that the stream can be played in the Wowza player? If not, it is probably protected and this method will not work.

Richard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast