Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How can I know when a playlist ends?

Default How can I know when a playlist ends?

Hey Guys!

First off, cheers for all the help you've given us ove the years, you guys are awesome.

Second, is there any way I can know when a playlist using the ServerListenerStreamPublisher has finished? As in, the last item has finished playing.

Thanks!

Hi Benny,

Is onPlaylistItemStop() what you're looking for? Check the API docs for info on this method.

Hey Randall,

Thanks for the reply. Well, I'm using that method already to know when a particular playlist item (like a song) stops. But is there something I can listen in for knowing when an entire playlist has completed playing?

I mean, I guess I could use onPlaylistItemStop to see if it's the last item in a playlist, but that feels a bit hacky to me.

Take a look at IMediaStreamActionNotify3.onUnPublish()

http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....-of-codec-info

Richard

Hey Richard,

Sorry to smear noob sauce all over the place but can you show me a quick example of how to use this interface with a Stream instance and not a MediaStream instance?

According to the docs, the Stream.addListener method takes an instance of IStreamActionNotify.

Here's the chunk of code I'm working through in the ServerListenerStreamPublisher example...

Stream stream = streamMap.get(streamName);
    stream.setSendOnMetadata(passThruMetaData);
    ScheduledItem item = new ScheduledItem(startTime, playlist, stream, isLiveEvent);
    item.start();

IStreamActionNotify actionNotify = new StreamListener(app.getAppInstance("_definst_"));
    stream.addListener(actionNotify);

The Stream instance is a MediaStream, so if you setup IMediaStreamActionNotify3 then start Stream class stream you will see the IMediaStreamActionNotify3.onPublish() event will run. When it is over, onUnPublish should run.

Richard

kick ass dude, lemme give it a shot. I'll let you guys know... thanks so much!

Hey Richard,

No dice... check out the error my IDE gives me: The method addListener(IStreamActionNotify) in the type Stream is not applicable for the arguments (ServerListenerStreamPublisher.StreamListener)

Where ServerListenerStreamPublisher.StreamListener is an instance of IMediaStreamActionNotify3

Use the IMediaStreamActionNotify3 example exactly as is. It will work.

Richard

Hey Richard,

I really appreciate your help here, but I'm afraid I'm a bit lost. Let me explain what I need to do in a bit more detail, perhaps it'll help me think through this approach a bit more.

Using the ServerListenerStreamPublisher I need to know when the playlist is finished playing. I tried attaching a listener instance of IMediaStreamActionNotify3 to the Stream class, but it wasn't allowed, nor could I cast the Stream as an IMediaStream type with the support for IMediaStreamActionNotify3.

Now, I tried following the example link you sent, but I'm afraid that's where I got a bit lost. If I add that module to my app, none of those events get hit. And given that it's from a playlist the stream is created before the app instance is even run. I'm probably totally thinking about this the wrong way though.

Can I get a super quick/dirty example of how to attach the listener I need inside the ServerListenerStreamPublisher class? That'll go a long way for me dude, I'd hate to keep bothering you guys about stuff like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast