Thread: Record the source, not the transrated streams

Default Record the source, not the transrated streams

I've noticed that my transrated streams are being recorded along with the source stream under my app using liverepeater-origin-record. Is there a way to disable this and only record the source (or a specific transcoded stream) while still providing all the transrated streams to the edge?

i.e. When I stream on live1.sdp, I get recording files for:

But I only want live1.sdp.mp4 or live1.sdp_480p.mp4 (depending on requirements).

- David

I'm also noticing that when I restart Wowza, then start a live stream, it transrates and records everything.
    If I stop the stream, and restart it, it rotates the files and records everything again.
    If I stop and start one more time, it doesn't transrate at all and only records the original source.

The logs show that I've exceeded the licenses:
    WARN server comment 2012-04-23 11:10:16 - - - - - 168.834 - - - - - - - - Licensing[live-origin-record/_definst_/live1.sdp]: *** Hit license limit for live stream transcoders. Live stream transcoder is stopped. ***
    WARN server comment 2012-04-23 11:10:21 - - - - - 173.872 - - - - - - - -[live-origin-record/_definst_/live1.sdp]: Name group could not be resolved: live1.sdp_external reson:[bitrateMissing:true videoCodecIdMissing:true audioCodecIdMissing:true sizeMissing:true]
    WARN server comment 2012-04-23 11:10:21 - - - - - 173.888 - - - - - - - -[live-origin-record/_definst_/live1.sdp]: Name group could not be resolved: live1.sdp_internal reson:[bitrateMissing:true videoCodecIdMissing:true audioCodecIdMissing:true sizeMissing:true]

I'm guessing I have to either wait for something to time out before I can start transrating again....
    Last edited by dangelovich; 04-22-2012 at 06:14 PM.

Change the StreamType to "liverepeater-origin", then use LiveStreamRecord addon or API to record just the source stream