Thread: Load test tool and server (tested host) logging

Default Load test tool and server (tested host) logging

Do connections generated with the Wowza Flash RTMP load test tool normally produce log entries in the server log files (e.g.: wowzamediaserver_access.log) on the target / tested host? I know logs are generated on the test *client*, but I'm referring here to the host serving the streams being tested.

I've recently completed a series of load tests against our production Wowza server infrastucture with the Wowza load test tool. I was able to monitor the connections on the host server (as well as processor/network/memory load) so I'm reasonably confident that load was actually being generated. However, although I see other log entries for traffic during the test window on the target Wowza server, I don't seem to be seeing anything from the load generator connections.

Any help/guidance you can provide would be appreciated. Thanks!

You should see entries in the access log for each file or stream occurrence played,
    so if vod, you would see and entry something similar to:
    rtmp://[wowza-address]:1935/vod/_definst_/sample.mp4
    as many times as connections were requested (equivalent to workerCount)

Daren

Quote Originally Posted by daren_j View Post
    You should see entries in the access log for each file or stream occurrence played,
    so if vod, you would see and entry something similar to:
    rtmp://[wowza-address]:1935/vod/_definst_/sample.mp4
    as many times as connections were requested (equivalent to workerCount)

Daren
    Thanks, Daren! I was looking in the wrong log file due to forgetting about timezones and, due to file permissions on our server, I couldn't just do a simple grep. With your confirmation, I was encouraged to check a bit deeper without thinking I was wasting my time, and found the entries I was looking for.