Wowza Community

emergnecy case- how to set netstream buffertime and buffertimeMax

We have develpoend a video conference system

If we set netstream buffer zero, some user will have bad aduio quaility even with good network connection. I think it’s problem due to clock drift problem.

If we set buffertime 0.1 and buffertimeMax 0.5, it will fix audio problem but it will bring 30 secs latency sometimes. There is no use of buffertimeMax value

it’s really frustrated.

Could anyone give some advice? thanks a lot!

I don’t know if it’s an adobe flash player bug or Wowza server problem.

Take a look at the Wowza SimpleVideoStreaming example, at how it monitors bufferTime. You can monitor bufferTime, and if it gets over 5 seconds, re-start the NetStream to put the stream back in sync.

Richard

I added example of bufferTime setting for JW Player 6 in the top example in this article:

https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-use-jw-player-with-wowza-streaming-engine

For the Wowza examples you have to edit the source code, modify the NetStream, something like nsPlay.setBufferTime(3)

Richard

Take a look at the Wowza SimpleVideoStreaming example, at how it monitors bufferTime. You can monitor bufferTime, and if it gets over 5 seconds, re-start the NetStream to put the stream back in sync.

Richard

Richard, does 3.5 still have an example of controlling bufferTime? I see the SimpleVideoStreaming example is no longer there.