Thread: Using Wowza to Serve and ViewCast Niagara 9100 to encode

Default Using Wowza to Serve and ViewCast Niagara 9100 to encode

I have Wowza Media Server 3 running on a windows machine, fully licensed. Wowza Media Server 3 is running and serving.
    The Wowza server needs to stream live with Windows and Flash and iOS streams. I have Cupertino, Smooth, and SanJose all enabled in the conf application file.
    Wowza has the proper directories and permissions. My application dir is in the conf dir equla to 'live' and the application file is in that dir.
    I want to encode with my Niagara 9100 box (with 8 analog inputs) and send the best stream to Wowza I can for streaming out to the web in all three protocols.
    Both boxes are on a 10.10.64.xxx subnet and can ping each other.
    Should I send the Wowza server a 'Flash with h.264' or a pure 'mpg4-h.264' stream? Which would be the best for Wowza?
    I can send flash to Wowza Media Server 2 running on a Mac server and get it to play with iPad/iPhone which kind of surprised me. I guess the Wowza is
    streaming with the proper protocol from the Mac server. I cannot make this happen with the Windows Wowza 3 though. If 'flash with h.264'
    is okay to use for this I at least can pursue that method with the ViewCast/Niagara support team.
    Thanks for any and all help/light that someone can shed on this for me.
    Dennis Loudermilk

"I can send flash to Wowza Media Server 2 running on a Mac server"
    "I cannot make this happen with the Windows Wowza 3 though."

This seems like a firewall or Wowza application configuration problem. It should work the same regardless of OS. If you would like to set it up on Windows, you should simply be able to duplicate the setup you have on Mac. Feel free to post more info if you need help with this.