Thread: Developer edition publishing limit - need 2

Default Developer edition publishing limit - need 2

Hey,

We noticed with Wowza 3, there is a limit of 1 stream publishing at a time. Our use case requires 2 streams publishing simultaneously for testing - one stream is the presenter's "talking head" and the other stream is the presenter's desktop. Is there any way around this limit? This limitation wasn't present in Wowza 2, and we can't support Wowza 3 without our developers being able to test it.

Thank you,
    Rhys

Rhys,
    I will follow up with you about your request through email.

-Lisa

Quote Originally Posted by rhys04 View Post
    Hey,

We noticed with Wowza 3, there is a limit of 1 stream publishing at a time. Our use case requires 2 streams publishing simultaneously for testing - one stream is the presenter's "talking head" and the other stream is the presenter's desktop. Is there any way around this limit? This limitation wasn't present in Wowza 2, and we can't support Wowza 3 without our developers being able to test it.

Thank you,
    Rhys
    HI Guys.

I am in the same boat as the guy above. What can we do about this? Also, is this a new addition? I don't remember coming across this limit before.

Please advise.

Thanks

Svyatko

Svyatko, according to the developer license info found here, you can have 2 incoming and up to 9 outgoing live streams

Salvadore

Thanks Salvadore.

That's exactly what I thought I should be getting. Unfortunately that's not the case here.

I have a source UDP stream with 2 audio pids and 1 video. I am I am trying to create 2 outgoing flash streams with different pid mappings.
    I have created 2 .stream files, and only 1 of them starts. The second one gives me a license limit error in the log.

Any clues, the math looks correct to me, but smth is freaking out.

Thanks

Svyatko

Svyatko,
    Please delete you log file [install-dir]/logs/wowzamediaserver_access.log. Restart Wowza, run a quick test thats shows the license limit error and zip up your /conf and /logs folders. Send them to support@wowza.com to open a ticket.

Also, include a link to this thread as reference.

Salvadore

Hi,
    This issue is currently being handled in a support ticket.

Jason

Hi,
    This issue has now been resolved, the license in use was not a Development license and had different limitations to the standard Development license.
    To obtain a Development license please sign up using the page below.
    Development license request form

Replacing the contents of the [Wowza-Install]/conf/Serever.license file with the one obtained after signing up and then restarting Wowza Media Server removed this license restriction.

Jason