Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Live stream from flash to android - some questions

Default Live stream from flash to android - some questions

Hi all...I have few question if it is posible?! I know that this is familiare to all, but i'm just a novice in wowza and need just some explanations...
    Here goes: i want to publish stream from a flash component on web and i need to play that stream on android phone. I know that i need H264 to encode my stream, and that stream on phone must be rtsp, but i dont know this:
    1. Do i publish stream from flash like this: first connect to a wowza server - rtmp://wowza-server:1935/chat, then i publish stream like this mp4:myStream.f4v ???
    2. Do i need transcoder in server to transcode stream to rtsp or just to create application xml like on this page http://www.wowza.com/forums/content.php?36
    3. I googled that flash 11 has ability to encode stream to h264...do anybody have some experiance with this???
    Thanks in advance for your time...
    Jovan

Take a look at this guide:

http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....across-clients

Richard

Thanks Richard...i followed that guide and i think that everything is in order on server,but i cant know that until i test it. How to test it on android phone? I stream from a flash app to wowza...stream is encoded in h264 and speex... My question is this: which address i need to call??? When i send my stream i connect to a rtmp:xxx:xxx:xxx:xx:1935/app/test1...where do i connect in android??? Is it rtsp://xxxxxx:1935/app/test_aac or something else??? Can you help???

With the flash client in the FlashH.264 link Richard posted, there is the Server and Application in the "Connect" box, and the stream name in the "Publish" box.

Put them together and you have: rtmp://localhost/videochat/testing

Which is what you put into the flash player on your Android web browser. You should be opening up a player like the Wowza LiveVideoStreaming example on your Android device.

What if dont want or dont have i flash player on Android??? I wanted to stream on android and blackberry using rtsp protocol. Do i need some special application xml or trancoder option to enable??? And in android/blackberry how do i call stream??? Like this: rtsp://localhost/videochat/testing or rtmp://localhost/videochat/testing??? Is there an example anywhere of a android client maybe?

I know that i ask to much )) but thanks for every answer that you give me...

And one more thing: Is it normal to have a delay in stream when it is transcoded??? I tried the stream in LiveVideoStreaming examples and there is a delay over 15 sec on Live Smooth streaming and live OSMF example...
    Last edited by jovan_novko; 05-09-2012 at 12:20 AM.

Scratch this above...i managed to stream live on android and on some examples from LiveVideoStreaming. My question is about delay that i experiance. On android it is about 4-5 sec, and in LiveVideo i tried Live Smooth streaming and live OSMF and there is a delay over 15 sec...do you have some idea how to resolve this???

Start here:
    http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....re-to-playback

Then take a look at the segmenter properties for smoothstreaming and sanjosestreaming
    http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....ter-parameters
    http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....s-(Flash-HTTP)

Richard

Hi Richard... I try all above and some more... Delay now for the live event and that which is streamed on android now is 6-7 sec...that's okey i guess because transoder works and he need some time...

My problem now is this: stream goes, then it freezes for 1-2-3 sec (this changes from time to time), goes on, then freezes again and so on... Can you pinpoint problem, or give some advice???

Thanks,
    Jovan

Additional problem...after 4 minutes stream compleatly freezes... WHY??? Wowza log file doesn't have any error line and it workes well... Help is needed!!!

Try reducing bitrate by half, and the other suggestions I linked to.

Richard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast