Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Live stream VOD questions

Default Live stream VOD questions

So I have read the doc for how to do this, however there is some missing info. Where do I put the module? Does it go in the lib, bin, etc?
    Also there is no example player code for it. How do I call the stream from HTML? There is a lot of good information on this site, just no HTML examples for how to use a lot of the code. If there is, it's hidden somewhere.

Ok, so I went through the tutorial and downloaded the modules collection. However, when I restart the server I get the following error:

Configure logging: file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Wowza Media Systems/Wowza Medi
    a Server 3.1.1/conf/log4j.properties ERROR server comment - ServerUtils.loadServerListener: Error creating <ServerListener> (com.wowza.wms.plugin.loadbalancer.ServerListenerLoadBalancerListener):
    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.wowza.wms.plugin.loadbalancer.ServerListenerLoadBalancerListener

I put the module in the \lib folder where it says to. Why is my stream not starting?

Beuller? Beuller?

You need a player to playback streams. A Flash player for live or vod RTMP streaming is the easiet and most common for desktop streaming, and JW Player is an easy to use one of those:

http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....h-Wowza-Server

Try doing regular vod streaming with JW Player. Then, if you are using the scheduler to do "live stream vod", then try it with that.

For ServerListener error, you have to copy the .jar file from the package /lib folder to the Wowza /lib folder, then re-start Wowza

Richard

Yup, been there done that. The Modules Collection Plugin is located in the \lib folder. I can watch VOD files just fine. I am using the sample client flash player for testing the live stream, but it never seems to find the stream. I followed the directions as written, changed and double checked all of the necessary config files, but still nothing. It cannot find my stream.

Zip up conf and logs folders and send to support@wowza.com. Explain exactly what you are trying to do. Is your Wowza server on a public IP? If so, include playback URLs.

Include a link to this thread for reference

Richard

I am now getting an error that it can't find streamschedule.smil. I put it in [install-dir]\content\streamschedule.smil. Am I missing something here?

Check the file to see if it has a .txt extension, a common problem

Richard

Nope, it's got the correct extension.

Then check spelling, name, and the StorageDir property the Application.xml in case it is changed to another location.

Also, if you are using Windows, by default the file manager hides known extensions, so you might not see the .txt extension.

In any case, the message that the file cannot be found is always straightforward, a file by that name is not in the location it is being looked for

Richard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast