Thread: Making VOD Content Downloadable

Default Making VOD Content Downloadable

I suspect this is a newbie question but ... we are running Wowza v.3.02 Build866. There was a request to have certain VOD content downloadable. I've searched through the Wowza forum and online articles but did not come up on anything tangible. BTW, the user has RealMedia installed on the local Windows 7 workstation. I do not want to install an HTTP server on the Wowza box as I'm using port 80 via Wowza to serve content to iDevice users.

Any ideas?

You can install a web server on the same machine and map a Wowza content location as also a web folder. That is the only practical way to do it.

Richard

Thank you for the response. Unfortunately, any standard web server we would use would listen on the same port as Wowza (TCP Port 80). Any ideas on what functionality is built into Youtube, justin.tv, et al that allows the Real's "Download this Video" popup to happen?

Wowza does not need port 80. And a web server can be set to use another port, 443 or 8080. And Wowza can use 443 where you are using 80. And if you have more than one IP address on the machine they can both use same ports on each IP. I don't know any other way to provide easy download. There is not a way in Wowza.

Richard

Understood. I'll setup Apache on port 443. Thanks again for your help!!!