Thread: passthrough video frozen and/or corrupt when saved

Default passthrough video frozen and/or corrupt when saved

We stream two live ~90-minute videos each week. Had the same two problems each week, which I'm guessing are related:

- During the first video, the "passthrough" encode *being written to disk* freezes the video on a frame ~15 minutes in. Actually watching live is fine. It's just the live-record saved file that is frozen. In that file, the audio continues without a problem, and the down-converted encodes (we have 3) all save fine.

- During the second video, again watching live is no problem. However, the live-record saved-to-disk MP4s are all corrupt: neither the passthrough nor any of the down-converted files are playable.

Wowza 3.1.1, Java SE SDK 7u4. I've performance-tuned the server following these instructions, and both videos have identical specs. We're writing to an Amazon EBS RAID, so I don't think it's a disk io issue.

Any ideas what direction to start digging?

EDIT: The only logged error is the warning: "JNI:VideoEncoderH264::setDefaults: CPUID vendor:GenuineIntel isMMX:1 isSSE:1 isSSE2:1 isSSE3:1 cpu_opt:6"
    Last edited by smaddock; 05-09-2012 at 12:39 PM.

Please send zipped [install-dir]/conf [install-dir]logs and [install-dir]/transcoder folders to
    so we can take a closer look. Be sure that the logs also contain a recent wowza restart.
    Also send details about the encoder(s) used and encoding settings for the streams.
    Be sure to reference this thread.

Sending zipped files now. If anyone else is having similar issues, I tried using the LiveStreamRecord this week instead of live-record, but still had the same problem.