Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Multiple Live Streams Playlist

Default Multiple Live Streams Playlist

So I am attempting multiple, simultaneous live streams. Right now I have one working, and a second one that claims it is working, but when I try to connect I get stream not found error. Here is how I have my smil file structred:

<smil>
    <head>
    </head>
    <body>

<stream name="hit"></stream>
    <stream name="hat"></stream>

<playlist name="pl1" playOnStream="ividz" repeat="true" scheduled="2009-12-11 16:00:00">
    <video src="mp4:tc.mp4" start="5" length="5" system-bitrate="450000"/>
    <video src="mp4:sample.mp4" start="50" length="5" system-bitrate="450000"/>
    <video src="mp4:bb.mp4" start="150" length="5" system-bitrate="450000"/>
    </playlist>
    <playlist name="pl2" playOnStream="hat" repeat="true" scheduled="2009-12-11 16:00:00">
    <video src="mp4:tr.mp4" start="5" length="5" system-bitrate="450000"/>
    <video src="mp4:sample.mp4" start="50" length="5" system-bitrate="450000"/>
    <video src="mp4:br.mp4" start="150" length="5" system-bitrate="450000"/>
    </playlist>
    </body>
    </smil>

Is this not correct?

"but when I try to connect I get stream not found error"

How are you trying to connect? What is the stream URI you are trying to play?

I see that you have playOnStream="ividz". Perhaps that should be playOnStream="hit".

That's a typo in my example. In the real smil file they all match. I am using the client example to test the streams.
    When I try to play using the client test player it says "Failed to play hat; stream not found.".
    If I look at the error log file it says "WARN server comment 2012-05-11 07:42:16 - - - - - 50540.334 - - - - - - - hat open: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files (x86)\Wowza Media Systems\Wowza Media Server 3.1.1\content\hat.flv (The system cannot find the file specified) yet when I start the server it says the stream is running.
    When I look at the access log after trying to connect, it says "2012-05-11 07:42:16 EDT comment server WARN 404 hat open: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files (x86)\Wowza Media Systems\Wowza Media Server 3.1.1\content\hat.flv (The system cannot find the file specified)".
    Last edited by haarvik; 05-11-2012 at 04:46 AM.

Hi
    Have you set the stream type to live in the Application.xml?
    Like this - [Wowza-Install]/conf/[application]/Application.xml
    <StreamType>live</StreamType>
    Jason

Yep, it's in there and set to live. The file not found error has gone away, but the client still says file not found.
    rtmp://[server-IP]/hat/hat is what I am using to play the stream.
    At the server console, it now says:

INFO application app-start _definst_ hat/_definst_
    INFO session connect-pending [my ip] -
    INFO session connect [my ip] -
    INFO stream create - -

And then nothing. I did notice this:

INFO application app-start _definst_ hit/_definst_

but there is no entry for hat like that. This may be grasping at straws, but does each stream have to be on it's own port?
    Last edited by haarvik; 05-11-2012 at 05:32 AM.

Ok, getting closer. Now I see where both apps are being published. However, I never see this:

INFO server comment - scheduled playlist: hat on stream: hat for:Fri Dec 11 16:00:00 EST 2009

Like I do for hit. But then I noticed that hit would not stream live.

I added:

<Property>
    <Name>PublishToApplication</Name>
    <Value>hat</Value>
    </Property>

to server.xml so there was two of them, one for hit and one for hat. Apparently that broke the server and the player complained it couldn't find 'clip' hit.
    is there instructions anywhere on this site to show how to do multiple live streams from top to bottom?

You cannot have to two PublishToApplication Properties with this example, as it is. Just one. Make sure the one you designated has StreamType "live"

Richard

So then how do you accomplish multiple, simultaneous live streams?? Do I just set both streams with one name and different playlists? Do I have to start multiple instances of WOWZA with different configs?

The examples shows two streams in the .smil file: Stream1 and Stream2. They will be published to the same application/instance You can extend that indefinitely.

Richard

Yes, but it also show pl1 and pl2. So how would I connect to the other one? If I do rtsp://[ip]:1935/hit/hat I get file not found.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast