Thread: Best Flash Player

Default Best Flash Player

So I have been using Flowplayer, but I am noticing some jittering with it. If I play my stream via rstp there is no jitter. So is JWPlayer any better? Is there something else out there that works better? Also, can a live stream be sent to Silverlight just like flash?

Flowplayer and JWPlayer are both Flash players. So, I don't think there should be a difference between players. There may be a difference between the settings, such as bufferTime. You'll want to figure out what the problem is by troubleshooting. Try playing sample.mp4, test with the Wowza SimpleVideoStreaming client, etc...

Wowza can stream to Silverlight. For more info see the Quick Start Guide.

So how would I embed the player to connect to the stream? Do I use the first video name in the url string?

Hi
    Is the question how do you embed SilverLight player into a web page?

You can use the SilverLight player that ships with Wowza in the "examples" section :
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Wowza Media Systems\Wowza Media Server 3.1.0\examples\SimpleVideoStreaming\clientSilverlight\Default.html

SimpleVideoStreaming comes with all Wowza versions.

Jason

No, I know how to do that. It's knowing the parameters to stream the live stream to silverlight. I can't use the VOD example to stream live feed to silverlight.

Both Flowplayer and JWPlayer are popular and are in use in many Wowza workflows. You can do live streaming to a Silverlight player. If you want to try it out, you can use our sample player in [install-dir]/examples/LiveVideoStreaming/clientSilverlight. For Silverlight, you need both audio and video to be present and for live streaming, the key frame frequency ((which can be set directly in some encoders or is gop/fps), needs to be between 1 4 seconds. 2 seconds is recommended. Anything greater than 4 seconds can cause playback to freeze.

-Lisa
    Last edited by lisa_w; 05-11-2012 at 03:41 PM.