Thread: Videographer trying to stream and coming up short on KnowHow

Default Videographer trying to stream and coming up short on KnowHow

Hello and thanks for reading this
    Ive streamed several events (Canadian National Adult figureskating championships is one) with UStream but ..well you know.. I want Wowza bad..
    I can login to my AWS management console and click on the EC2 tab , open a few ports etc and may or may not be able to launch a working/streaming instance.
    I'm using a gizmo called a liveshell attached by hdmi to the camera and it wants to know the following which I can't seem to supply (as I said my computer science training is ziltch although I have 6 or so working machines around here for editing and the like)

#1 - Broadcasting RTMP URL:
    #2 - Stream:
    #3 - Browsing RTMP URL:
    I'm not planning to stream files ever, only live streams right off the camera and will not be using FME or any sofware encoderrs or laptops for that matter. Where on the AWS management console do I find the info to #1 and to #2?

As for #3 ..that's the player on my site right?.. I can't figure that out at all.. how to embed the player then tell the instance where the player is
    I've been trying to hire somebody to walk me through it but no luck so far and it's been months that I've been trying
    Anybody able to point me at a tutorial for laypersons? please and thanks
    Bruce

Hi
    Correct me if I'm wrong but your set-up will look like this :

Camera --> Ustream --> Wowza --> clients ??

Assuming you are using RTMP from Ustream to Wowza you can set-up an application following this guide,
    http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....based-encoder)

I'm not familiar with Ustream or the set-up from the camera to Ustream using liveshell.

Someone may want to take this on as a consulting job.
    You say you have been trying to hire someone and I would ask you if you have tried asking Wowza for the independent consulting list?

If you have not, it is done by sending an email to support@wowza.com simply requesting the list of independent consultants.

Jason

Thanks for this Jason
    What I'm doing is exceedingly simple and all the tutorials and examples deal with software encoders etc

my set up: Camera --> onCamera hardware encoder --> Lan or Wifi --> wowza & AWS --> embed player on a site

I just need instructions to fill in the blanks from this screen shot:

thanks again
    Bruce

Bruce, what kind of cam do you use for events like that? Just curious. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by halfpipe View Post
    Thanks for this Jason
    What I'm doing is exceedingly simple and all the tutorials and examples deal with software encoders etc

my set up: Camera --> onCamera hardware encoder --> Lan or Wifi --> wowza & AWS --> embed player on a site

I just need instructions to fill in the blanks from this screen shot:

thanks again
    Bruce