Thread: Wowza unable to play RTSP. I have tried everything I've seen.

Default Wowza unable to play RTSP. I have tried everything I've seen.

My main goal is to restream a RTSP feed to rtmp.

My stream is located at http://99.25.80.222:1025/iphone/

The stream plays via quicktime. When I saved the source with quicktime pro it saved as "11" with no extension and inside the file the only information there was rtsp://99.25.80.222:1025/iphone/11?usernameassword&

I changed the actual username and password on that if anyone tries it and it doesn't work that's why.

I followed everything in the guide here
    http://www.wowza.com/forums/showthre...Pro-(RTSP-RTP)

But wowza just prints "failed to play rtsp://99.25.80.222:1025/iphone/ Stream not found"
    Same goes with rtsp://99.25.80.222:1025/iphone/11?usernameassword& and all the other combinations I've tried.

Any idea why wowza can't open that or vlc and only quicktime can?

Edit: Maybe this bit of info will help also. I had to change my quicktime streaming preferences to custom http on port 1025 for it to even work on there.
    Last edited by HereWeGo; 05-13-2012 at 11:17 PM.

Hi HereWeGo,

Some suggestions:

1. Figure out the working camera RTSP URI. For example, try playing "rtsp://99.25.80.222:1025/iphone/11?usernameassword&" in the VLC player.
    2. Use the Camera Restreaming Tutorial.

Quote Originally Posted by randall View Post
    Hi HereWeGo,

Some suggestions:

1. Figure out the working camera RTSP URI. For example, try playing "rtsp://99.25.80.222:1025/iphone/11?usernameassword&" in the VLC player.
    2. Use the Camera Restreaming Tutorial.
    The thing is I was unable to find a url that works for VLC. As I said above in order for the stream to even work in Quicktime I had to go to the preferences > advanced > and set Streaming Transport setup to custom using HTTP on port 1025.

I figure that might have something to do with nothing else wanting to play it.

You said, "I changed the actual username and password on that if anyone tries it and it doesn't work that's why."

This implies to me that you were able to use the URI with the correct username/password. Now you're saying you don't know the camera's stream URI?

You'll have to know that to get the stream. Check with the camera manufacturer support resources.

Quote Originally Posted by randall View Post
    You said, "I changed the actual username and password on that if anyone tries it and it doesn't work that's why."

This implies to me that you were able to use the URI with the correct username/password. Now you're saying you don't know the camera's stream URI?

You'll have to know that to get the stream. Check with the camera manufacturer support resources.
    I set a user account so people can see what I'm trying to explain.
    http://99.25.80.222:1025/iphone/11?user:test&
    If you go there quicktime tries to load it up but wont until you go to Edit > preferences >quicktime preferences > advanced > transport setup set to custom > transport protocol set to HTTP and port custom 1025.

No idea why i have to do that to get it to work but that might be part of the problem.

Once I saved the quicktime source using quicktime pro, it simply downloads a file called "11" which has this information in it rtsp://99.25.80.222:1025/iphone/11?user:test&

That address does work but only in quick time... Hopefully this makes sense and I don't seem crazy here.

Edit: Also I did follow the tutorial you posted and that also fell through on me.
    Last edited by HereWeGo; 05-14-2012 at 01:16 AM.

I've seem to come across how much I've been over thinking/missing things here. Everything is down right now due to port forwaring issues but I'll fix that later today.

Long story short It seems I didn't even realize the rtsp port was actually still set to 554 and I did not change that or open that port up where the cam is hosted, so I guess I've been trying to connect to the wrong thing.

Looks like you're making progress. But be aware that this URI: rtsp://99.25.80.222:1025 will use port 1025, not 554.