Thread: streamschedule.smil structure, special chars?

Default streamschedule.smil structure, special chars?

I have a question about this file. I tried to create a new playlist and I put a couple hundred entries in the playlist. However, when I started the server I got an XML structure error. The list was formatted exactly like the other one that works. So my question is what is the proper format for this file, and is there any restriction on special chars. I got an error for a video title that had an "&" in the name.

I think "&" is not allowed in XML outside CDATA block.

I removed them all, but still got an XML structure error. Here is how I have my list:

<playlist name="pl1" playOnStream="mystream" repeat="true" scheduled="2009-12-11 16:00:00">
    <video src="mp4:library\myvideo1.mp4" start="5" length="-1" system-bitrate="128000"/>
    <video src="mp4:library\myvideo2.mp4" start="5" length="-1" system-bitrate="128000"/>
    <video src="mp4:library\myvideo3.mp4" start="5" length="-1" system-bitrate="128000"/>
    <video src="mp4:library\myvideo4.mp4" start="5" length="-1" system-bitrate="128000"/>

So what is wrong with it?

That part looks okay. Copy the whole doc into this validator:

No errors Found.

I found the problem. There were a couple of "&" in the video names, and a couple special chars in the names as well. Once I removed them the list and stream loaded just fine. Thanks for the help!