Thread: Can't access built-in HTTPProviders

Default Can't access built-in HTTPProviders

Hi,

I wanna stream my content using MPEG-TS. However, I can't start the stream because http://[wowza-server-ip]:8086/streammanager isn't accessible from the browser. I checked the VHost.xml file but host port 8086 is uncommented.

Furthermore, I also can't access the other built-in HTTPProviders that provide Server Stats (connection info, server info, connection counts).

Even connecting to the server thru JConsole is not possible.

Do you think it has something to do with authentication? I disabled username/password authentication when connecting to the server and I enabled key-based login only.

Thank you.

Roger

Does Wowza report binding to port 8086 in the logs?

If so, then the problem is probably your firewall.

Are you using EC2 server? If so, you have to open ports in your Security Group. Open 8086, 1935, 80, 554, 21, 22.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by randall View Post
    Does Wowza report binding to port 8086 in the logs?

If so, then the problem is probably your firewall.
    I have checked the logs and I never found any report about Wowza binding to port 8086. There are only two (2) ports that I have seen in the logs, 1935 and 80.
    And unfortunately, only binding to port 1935 was successful. There's this error/warning about binding to port 80: 'Bind failed, try again ([any]:80): java.net.BindException: Address already in use'.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by rrlanham View Post
    Are you using EC2 server? If so, you have to open ports in your Security Group. Open 8086, 1935, 80, 554, 21, 22.

Richard
    No, I'm not using an EC2 server for this one. I have my own hardware and I use Wowza Developer's edition whose license will expire sometime in October.
    I have already opened those ports; I can connect to my server thru port 22 and transfer files as well. I can even stream the sample video thru VOD.

I also referred to my WMS3 which is running in Amazon EC2 for the configurations and I can't see any difference between them.

Thanks.

Hi
    Can you post your conf/ and logs/ so that we can take a look in more detail.
    Don't forget to edit sensitive information for example secret keys etc, if required.

If you prefer you could zip up conf/ and logs/ and send them to support@wowza.com

Jason

Hi Jason,

I've already emailed the logs/ and conf/ files to support@wowza.com

Thanks,

Roger