Thread: Error messages about framerates when doing audio-only transcoding

Default Error messages about framerates when doing audio-only transcoding

Every so often I get messages in my error log like so:

TranscoderWorkerVideoDecoder.handlePacket[_defaultVHost_:myapp/_definst_/camera.stream]: Source stream frame rate could not be calculated. Using default source stream frame rate: 29.97
    The IP camera's video frame rate is 25 fps. That being said, the video usually seems fine, and I'm only transcoding the audio (video is using the PassThru codec), so I'm not sure why the transcoder should care about the framerate. I say usually because there are some problems, though I suspect flakey connections are more the cause than the Wowza or camera configurations. However, I'd like to eliminate this discrepancy how do I go about doing that?

Thanks.
    Last edited by pr1001; 05-21-2012 at 06:41 AM.

Isn't this a WARN message really, not an ERROR? The question, sometimes the stream is not perfect and does this message have something to do with it, is going to be hard to debug. A flaky network connection would correlate with imperfect recording, as Wowza reflects the stream that it gets.

Richard

You are correct, it is a WARN. I guess I won't worry too much about it for now. Thanks.

You can set frame rate in this case by adding sourceStreamFrameRate Property to the transcode template

http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....wza-Transcoder

Richard