Thread: Problem to get Wowza to connect to rtsp Stream

Default Problem to get Wowza to connect to rtsp Stream

Hello,

i installed an wowza-server, there is no problem. VOD, works. Livestreaming via Adobe Media Flash Live Encoder works verry fine.

Now i want that my wowza server connects to another server / another stream.
    Normaly the Wowza-Server will get the Stream from another device. I want, that the wowza will automatic check if there ist another rtsp Stream is online, and This Stream i want to Stream to my User.

I read so many tutorials but i can't find any where i can understand how it works.
    I think i have to insert the rtsp information and stream information from the stream i want to connect for.

i can't find the right Applikation.xml lines that my Wowza will get another Stream to "restream".

I installed it on an dedicated server-system so i can't use any graphic insert like the "Live.html".

I hope somebody can help me to configure the Wowza correctly.

Thanks a lot
    Rudi

Hello Richard,
    Thanks, but wehen i try the thinks from the link, i can't find to fill the extern stream.
    mybe there is a tourorial to stream a stream from an third server? i have a camera, this camera streams to a server, an the rtsp stream is fine and runs. now i want to catch this rtsp stream from third server an stream it by myself from my server.
    i got almost nervous breakdown.

Thanks

You might want to check for typos in your configuration

Richard

i have no idear where.
    an i have a little knowledge about server, streaming and configuration, so i hoped there will be an tutorial because i need an want the wowza, i habe 29 days to try before my liz will end.
    can u help me?

You use Liverepeater to re-stream an RTMP stream from another Wowza server. The guide I linked to above is a step by step guide to setting up a Liverepeater. In your case the origin is an existing server. If you have control of it, you will want to change StreamType and LiveStreamPacketizers if necessary, following that guide.

Can you make configuration changes to the Wowza server you want to re-stream from? If not, the one variation from that guide is to use the regular LiveStreamPacketizers on your edge instead of the repeater packetizers.

Richard

Hi
    To help avoid typing mistakes its a good idea to copy from the tutorial and past into the .xml files you're editing and then change the names and IP's etc.
    Remember that upper case and lower case must also be a perfect match.

Going from the tutorial if you have a typo it should be in one of these two places,
    <Wowza-Install>/conf/liveorigin/Application.xml
    <Wowza-Install>/conf/liveedge/Application.xml

The typo could be any of the fields in the tutorial.

It could also be the live encoder that has a typo, for example the stream name.

Jason