Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: encode for "Any Screen" ala wowza

Default encode for "Any Screen" ala wowza

so normally i render from Vegas Pro (1920X1080 HD project) to a master file:

Avid DNxHD Codec 960x540 (.mov file)
    1920X1080
    222.05 mbits/sec

then convert different versions (1920X1080, 1280X720, 640X368) to MP4 using handbrake

what file (s) do i need to render from Vegas Pro to achieve "Any Screen" from one file (isnt that what wowza promises)

To achieve "Any Screen" with one file you will have to encode a very low bitrate, low complexity, small frame size h.264 video, with AAC audio (make the audio 32 or 64kbs, 44100hz, stereo)

Richard

yes encode is the second step...either ffmpeg, SaaS encoding or other.

I wondering about the first step, surly of all wowza customers someone uses Vegas Pro and has tried various settings to first obtain the master file after which all other will be created??

Quote Originally Posted by rrlanham View Post
    To achieve "Any Screen" with one file you will have to encode a very low bitrate, low complexity, small frame size h.264 video, with AAC audio (make the audio 32 or 64kbs, 44100hz, stereo)

Richard

also not clear how low rez file will play multi-bitrate??

You have to encode multiple files for multi-bitrate. Each has to be key frame aligned. I'm not sure about Handbrake, but we know that Expression 4 Encoder is capable of creating multiple key frame aligned encodes. Take a look at this article

http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....ideo-on-Demand

Richard

looks like Expression 4 Encoder is not free if you want eqiv features free in handbrake. so all you clients are rich and WANT to buy extras software to use your service??

also, it appears you are using deceptive marketing "To achieve "Any Screen" with one file you will have to encode a very low bitrate, low complexity, small frame size" should be "Any Screen in stunning low rez"

also I dont see what your value prop is if it is not encoding on the fly, i can already render multi-versions of a file and stream them without wowza - so why do i need wowza?

The Wowza tag line is "Any Screen Done Right™", not "any screen with one file". You can stream to many screens with one file that is encoded to the lowest common denominator, like a mobile Android device on a 3g connection.

We have experience with Expression 4 Encoder and we know it produces key frame aligned sets as required for switching in multi-bitrate streaming You can try it with Handbrake, I have not tested it.

Richard

go for it and please let me know if it does

http://handbrake.fr/

Don't you want to try it? Set it up to encode at least two bit rate versions. Expression 4 encodes the set all at once, not one at time, and I think that is critical to key frame alignment.

The only way I know of to test alignment in a set of files is by using this method to stream the set as live streams:
    http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....-Multi-bitrate

Then you can use this property to debug alignment:
    http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....rame-alignment

Richard

what do you mean by "sets"

also, Expression 4 encodes the set all at once

does the free version?
    does the free version encode AAC for iOS?

Expression Encoder 4 Pro

Encoder imports and encodes video files, produces live webcasts, enhances media with watermarks and advertising, and publishes with Silverlight.
    Estimated Retail Price $199 USD

what about Adobe Media Encoder?
    Last edited by bobmane; 05-24-2012 at 01:16 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast