Wowza Community

video chat load testing

Hi,

I am using wowza server load testing tool for video chat.For that i have configured my test.xml. Then started a video chat and put name of that stream in test.xml. every thing is looking fine to me. but if i am running my test for 10 streams then it should save all those 10 streams but 1 main chat only saved in content folder rest are not saving up. If I am running the test for 10 users then 10 separate video file need to be saved . How that can be possible???

Hi

The test tool only tests the load of the server you cant save every stream created by the tool.

Does the tool come with instructions and a summary?

Jason

Hi

The test tool doesn’t work like that I’m afraid, you can’t record using the test tool.

It works like this :

Encoder --> Wowza <-- Wowza (With test tool)

*Also works with on demand files

The Wowza server with the test tool makes rtmp connections to the other Wowza server and this is the load that’s made for checking server capacity.

Its really quite simple and doesn’t have extensive functionality.

Jason

Thanks for reply,

I just got a PDF with it. I followed all the steps given in it. but for adding all the streams, stream names should be different.but other stream names are not saving up in content. I put file count as 0. so every time it is taking same stream. means all streams are getting duplicated , right? I want that all streams get written down in content folder with different names.

I understand this is not a requirement for performance prospective but when it is writing content for 100s of user then disk write would be involved in process. we want to take a look on this counter during test.but for that all those streams need to be saving up in content for all users or say work count.