Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VOD - Redirect a user from a url to a new path

Default VOD - Redirect a user from a url to a new path

I would like to take a requested URL from a client and instead show them a video that is at a different location on the server.

How do I read the requested URL?
    How do I set the location of the file to be streamed using the WMS SDKs and modules to something else?

I am currently using onRTPSessionCreate(RTPSession rtpSession) in a module and trying to find the url the client connected with over RTSP.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Take a look at this article:
    http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....rver-side-code

Richard

I think I may have worded my question poorly. I would like to receive a URL similar to this, rtsp://192.168.1.22:1935/vod/videoID and then take the videoID, resolve the path to the file on the server, and return the video to the client without them knowing that the url is anything different than what they entered. On a different server I was able to receive the connection URL and change where the server was looking for the file it was streaming, giving it the correct local path on the server that corresponds to the videoID and then stream that file on demand to the client.

You can do that with the Stream Name Alias package.

I chose to use the IMediaStreamNameAliasProvider2. Using this example I have been able to see the stream URLs that the client has sent, but I have yet to have success changing them. By the looks of the example code I should just need to return the new name. I tried to do this with my .stream files, but it is not working. How would I take a url and point it to a live video that is being sent over udp? I currently have a .stream file that contains
    udp://127.0.0.1:port
    and it works without aliasing.

StreamNameAlias only concerns the stream name, not the URL.

Richard

I was reading through this forum thread and the last post points to what I need to do. I need to resolve a file location from a DB for VOD and I need to take a custom URL that is sent to a client from elsewhere and then resolve it to the correct URL for live.

I have started with live and I would like take a url from a client and point to a video coming over a udp connection like I was able to do with the .stream file. After looking at the thread I mentioned above I am coming to the understanding that the .stream files cannot be used with IMediaStreamNameAliasProvider2. If this is the case how would I take a stream name and point it to a udp URL without using the .stream file?

Thank you for your help so far Richard. After I have live working I will move on to VOD.

You resolve the alias in one of the resolvePlayAlias methods, or resolveStreamAlias.

You might just need the StreamNameAlias addon which includes a mapping file that is used to resolve aliases

http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....e-alias-module

Richard

The StreamNameAlias package will not work because it requires a file and I need to resolve my VOD stream names from a DB.

You resolve the alias in one of the resolvePlayAlias methods, or resolveStreamAlias.
    What should I be returning as a string for Live videos if not the UDP URL?

Then you have to resolve the alias in one of the resolvePlayAlias methods, or resolveStreamAlias.

Richard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast