Thread: Live Repeater - SanJose & Cupertino streaming

Default Live Repeater - SanJose & Cupertino streaming

Hi,

I have setup a origin server and a separate edge server. I have tested the rtmp streams successfully and can view using the simple published stream name.
    I have followed the required steps to allow iOS & Flash HTTP streaming, but cannot get these to work. I just see:

FLASH:
    HTTPStreamerAdapterSanJoseStreamer.service: Request timeout: 8000

iOS:
    HTTPStreamerAdapterCupertinoStreamer.service: Request timeout: 8000

The forum posts I have found indicate it could be possible network issues, however I can successfully watch the rtmp streams without any issues.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks

Have you set up the correct LiveStreamPacketizers on the origin and the edge. They are different. Take a look at this guide:
    http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....er-Quick-Start

If you are doing multi-bitrate streaming, and there are other good reasons to use this alternative configuration in which packetizing occurs on the edge.
    http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....erepeater-edge

Richard

Hi,
    I have the following, which look to be correct:
    Edge:
    <LiveStreamPacketizers>sanjosestreamingrepeater, cupertinostreamingrepeater, smoothstreamingrepeater</LiveStreamPacketizers>
    Origin:
    <LiveStreamPacketizers>cupertinostreamingpacketizer, smoothstreamingpacketizer, sanjosestreamingpacketizer</LiveStreamPacketizers>

We're not currently doing multi-bitrate streaming, though I will look at this alternative config for future reference.

The origin is actually:
    <LiveStreamPacketizers>cupertinostreamingpacketizer, smoothstreamingpacketizer, sanjosestreamingpacketizer</LiveStreamPacketizers>
    The space above was a typo.
    I still get the timeout, any ideas?
    Thanks

It does appear to be a connectivity issue between the edge and the origin. I assume you see those log messages on the edge logs. If you can run a browser on the edge, check:

http://[wowza-origin-address]:1935

Richard

That works giving the following: Wowza Media Server 3 Monthly Edition 3.1.1 build1479
    I also tried that on the edge & I get the same.

I can pull direct off the origin with the following server address: rtmp://origin.ourdomain.net:1935/liveorigin
    This matches our edge config: <OriginURL>rtmp://origin.ourdomain.net:1935/liveorigin</OriginURL>
    I can pull direct off the edge: rtmp://edge.ourdomain.net:1935/liveedge/

And yes, I see those errors on the edge. The origin gets the request and I see:
    MediaStreamHTTPStreamerRepeaterOriginPlay.initLiveStreamRepeating: playerClass: com.wowza.wms.httpstreamer.cupertinostreaming.liverepeater.CupertinoStreamerLiveRepeaterPlayer
    Last edited by ChaosMonkey; 05-30-2012 at 01:50 PM.

Ok... Strangest thing. I just restarted the origin and it's started working!!
    Was starting to frustrate me as it all looked like it should work. I need to do some more tests, but so far, so good!
    Thanks

Great! Glad it's working. Thanks for the update

Richard