Thread: Video Chat Multiple Camera Not Streaming For Second Camera

Default Video Chat Multiple Camera Not Streaming For Second Camera

We are creating a video chat application, we used the examples which were shipped with Wowza Media Server 3 Trial Version.We had no problem till the last 3 weeks.Our scenario is like this;
    1. Person 1 opens a public chat room(with his cam open,broadcasting his video no problem here)
    2. Person 2 enters Person 1's public chat room(no cam for Person 2 here, no problem)
    3. Person 2 requests private chat
    4. Person 1 accepts the request
    5. Private chat room page opens(no videos at start)
    6. Person 1 show camera(it works,)
    7. Person 2 watches Person 1's video
    8. Person 2 show camera(doesn't work, his video cannot be seen eventhough broadcasting works)
    9. When Person 2 is the first one to show his camera, Person 1 can not.

Both users can show their cam, we have the flash files working(swf files embedded in web page written with ASP.NET)
    The problem here is that only one person who activated his cam and started broadcasting his video first can show his video.The second one can watch it but when he tries to activate his cam and try broadcasting it doesn't work.

This problem started to occur like two or three weeks ago, it was actually working quite right before that time.
    We made some changes to the flash files and the page but we can't seem to find the problem within these parts.

I can give a link, usernames and passwords, and a scenario if needed with a message.
    I can write the contents of Application.xml.

Best Regards.

Emre ŞAHİN
    Last edited by emreVeriyaz; 05-30-2012 at 07:34 AM.

Emre,

Are you using a developer license? That is limited to on live stream.

Do you need to find a developer? If so, write to support@wowza.com to request list of independent consultants.

Richard

Thanks for the reply Richard, I don't need to find a developer.
    About the license, I started to use a developer license yesterday when I realized that my previous normal trial version license ended.
    So the problem started occuring when I was using a normal trial license and I still have this problem with developer license.
    Are you saying we can not use developer license for video chat like applications?Because then I will not be able understand what really lies behind my current problem.

Emre
    Last edited by emreVeriyaz; 05-31-2012 at 03:52 AM.

Emre,

Right, you can't use developer license for chat because of this limitation, and you are not supposed to use it for production application either. Consider getting a perpetual or subscription license, or using EC2 instance.

Richard

Well, then.We have been considering about getting monthly license after seeing the corrections but as it is obvious that we can not make the corrections with the developer license we shall speed up our considerations.
    I also want to ask something about the quality of the videos, with Wowza Media Server 3.1.1 the quality of our live videos dramatically increased compared to Wowza Media Server 3(all trial of course).I wonder if this is really coming from new version or I was just lucky?Also if it is coming from the new development is there any changelog for the new version?

Thank you, Richard.

Emre

Emre,

Improvements or changes in video quality are either coming from the encoding side, a network factor, or playback factor. Most likely encoding. Wowza just reflects the stream to clients.

Richard

Allright, thanks for all the help and information.We manage to solve the problem with buying a license, it is all ok now.
    Last edited by emreVeriyaz; 06-01-2012 at 12:56 AM.

Hi
    That's great thanks for the update.

Jason