Wowza Community

Wowza Load Test Tool questions

Hello,

According to the user guide, each client computer can simulate up to 200-400 connections. I want to test up to 1000 connections so I would need least 3 client computers. I understand I would need 3 licenses. I was able to request a developer license, would I be able to use that license throughout these machines? If not, would I be able to request multiple developer license?

Thanks.

I think you can use the developer key in multiple clients in this case.

Richard

1. I’m not sure, but it doesn’t matter for what you are doing. The Load Test Tool is only used to generate load. If the Wowza load test client has 92 streams going, then you have that much load on the test server and you can start looking at how the server is behaving and network utilization. The Load Test Tool does not provide any info.

2. That is client-side Flash RTMP notification, it is sent by Wowza to all subscribing clients of a stream that has stopped publishing.

3. I don’t know. It is not in the load test package.

Richard

More info: If you are doing this from a local Windows server, try using another EC2 instance to generate the load instead.

Richard

Hi,

Unfortunately this can’t be changed as far as I’m aware.

Correction** you can add this Property to the test.xml

<Property>
     <Name>waitTime</Name>
     <Value>100</Value>
     <Type>Integer</Type>
</Property>

The Value is in ms.

Jason

Hi Richard,

My setup:

My target is a Wowza EC2 server that has live repeater origin,edge and load balancing. I am encoding a stream into the origin.

My client is my desktop pc running Wowza with developer license. Here are my Tests.xml config.

<Property>
					<Name>workerCount</Name>
					<Value>100</Value>
					<Type>Integer</Type>
				</Property>
				<Property>
					<Name>fileCount</Name>
					<Value>0</Value>
					<Type>Integer</Type>
				</Property>
				<Property>
					<Name>streamName</Name>
					<Value>loadTestStream</Value>
				</Property>
				<Property>
					<Name>streamExt</Name>
					<Value></Value>
				</Property>
				<Property>
					<Name>vhostName</Name>
					<Value>_defaultVHost_</Value>
				</Property>
				<Property>
					<Name>connectionString</Name>
					<Value>testedge</Value>
				</Property>
				<Property>
					<Name>bufferTime</Name>
					<Value>3000</Value>
					<Type>Integer</Type>
				</Property>
				<Property>
					<Name>doRandom</Name>
					<Value>false</Value>
					<Type>Boolean</Type>
				</Property>
				<Property>
					<Name>doRepeat</Name>
					<Value>true</Value>
					<Type>Boolean</Type>
				</Property>
				<Property>
					<Name>ipAddress</Name>
					<Value>xx.xx.xx.xx</Value>
				</Property>
				<Property>
					<Name>ports</Name>
					<Value>1935</Value>
				</Property>
			</Properties>
		</Test>

So I have set up the load testing tool and tried to connect 100 RTMP connections at first to test things out and about 8 of the connections gave this exception:

1)NetConnectionConnection.connect: Failed to connect[xx.xx.xx.xx:1935]: org.apache.mina.common.RuntimeIOException: java.net.SocketException: Invalid argument: sun.nio.ch.Net.setIntOption.

So only 92 connections were connected but the logging still showed “Status running:100 currBehind:0”.

Can you provide some insight on why some of the connections are not getting connected?

2)Also, sometimes I get this ‘NetStream.Play.UnpublishNotify’, what does this mean?

1. The logging from the target Wowza server when one of the connections get connected shows “file:///c|/live/test.swf”, what is this?

Thank you.

Hi wowza Team,

Currently the ramp up time for live stream- load test is, tool will generate a new connection every 750ms. Is there a possibility to change this number from 750ms to 100ms or so?

Thanks Jason, this saved lot of time.