Thread: Is there perfect instruction manual for Loadbalancing setup???

Question Is there perfect instruction manual for Loadbalancing setup???

OK thanks Wowza team!!

I want to try to build Loadbalancing setup.
    But there are not detail step by step manual.

My question is here at this time...

I already setting the loadbalance envirenment up acording to it's manual.
    But I don't know how setup the application of edge side???

1. It should be same application name with origin application??

And. other question is...

2. When I playback with JWplayer(flash player), If src url is directed to origin application url, is it sufficiant for Loadbalacing tesk???

3. If not, are there other setting technic for this like editing script???

Teach me please.......

P.S If there are good example like this(application xml editing) ????

Jehun,

The loadbalancer module is very basic and provided just as an example. Usually it requires custom coding on your web server to achieve a production-ready solution, since not many devices support the Flash Redirect method. This is why there is no easy one click solution. It simply requires a high level of understanding.

But I don't know how setup the application of edge side???
    1. It should be same application name with origin application??

-The loadbalancer balances between two "senders". The concept of origin-edge doesn't really apply. But you can think of the Senders as "edges" if that helps.

Once the Load Balancer is setup on the server you can use "http://[load-balancer-listener-ip-address]:1935/loadbalancer" to get the IP of the least loaded Sender "edge" server. In your website code, you would get this IP, and then create a stream URI to present to your client, for whatever app/streamname you wish to play.

"2. When I playback with JWplayer(flash player), If src url is directed to origin application url, is it sufficiant for Loadbalacing tesk???"

To use Flash to automatically redirect to the senders follow the instructions under "Get least loaded server using Netconnection redirect". You will create an application on the Load Balancer Server (Listener) called redirect. And in the Application.xml for the redirect app, you specify the application on the Sender ("edge") to redirect to. So if you connect to rtmp://[Listener-IP]/redirect/myStream, it will redirect to rtmp://[Sender-IP]/someOtherApp/myStream. So each Sender needs an app called "someOtherApp".

3. If not, are there other setting technic for this like editing script???

You can look at the source code of the included "client/redirect.fla", to see how it performs the redirect. It is not very complicated.

Thanks randall!!
    I will follow your help....
    Thanks again. ^^