Thread: Audio Channel Mapping

Question Audio Channel Mapping

Hi Everybody,

I'm trying to figure how it is possible to handle channel mapping during the transcoding process.

For example :

I didn't find a way on the XML description to do this kind of think. Maybe another plugin could help ? Not sure

Thank you for your point

+y,

The Wowza Transcoder does not support multiple audio tracks as far as I know. Otherwise, you can do this with Wowza Transcoder, StreamType "live-record", along with S3FS and the ModuleFileMover.

http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....ed-file-system

http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....opy-Recordings

Also, to use StreamType "live-record" with the Wowza Transcoder it might be a good idea to have a RAID 0 or RAID 1+0 disk array with several disks for recording.

Richard

Thank you Richard for your kind answer.

Could you please tell me if i can configure all this process only on one application or do i need to have the "live-record" process on one app who stream the output to another app running "Wowza Transcoder" ?

Thank you for your time !
    Best,
    +y,

It can be done with one app on one machine, which should be a very robust server with RAID 0 using several disks.

Richard

Sorry for the delay on my answer and thank you for answering me.

Could you please tell me which configuration you would use on EC2 for doing this kind of think ?

Do we need to balance feeds on separate instance ?

Again, thank you for your time.

We are looking to do this same thing for live streaming. We are using a dedicated Wowza server strictly for transcoding, and then it passes the various streams along to our CDN. Since we cannot stream multiple channels, we use the left track for our announcers, and the right track for the buildings PA system. We have a custom built player which then allows viewers to choose which audio feed they want to hear (using Flash, we switch to the left or right audio feed and make it mono while muting the other channel).

Unfortunately, this kind of player functionality is not available on iOS devices, so we need a way to transcode 2 different HLS streams with the different audio tracks. Is this possible>

Hi Brandon,

For your case, I suggest using 3 streams for each video. An end user will choose their desired audio stream. Then, configure your player to subscribe to the two streams simultaneously. The video, and their chosen audio track.

There are other possibilities as well. There are ways to mix and match video and audio streams into new streams using Wowza. Or, you can use a software encoder/muxer to generate the desired streams before they reach Wowza.