Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FLV Keyframes

Default FLV Keyframes

For an application we're currently building we need the recorded .flv to contain a lot of keyframes (maybe every 1 or 2 frames). I've set the seekTarget property to enhanced in the application.xml, but that's not enough. Wowza is installed by our hosting partner but they don't know how to adjust the keyframe interval. How and where can I adjust it? Surely there must be a way....

*edit: I'm recording a webcam stream over rtmp from flash.
    Last edited by dennisderooy; 06-06-2012 at 02:10 AM.

Hi
    You set Keyframes with the encoder that you are sending the live stream from before it gets to Wowza.

If you are using FMLE this option is chosen by clicking the wrench at the right hand side of the format
    Example,
    Format: [Video type] [HERE]

Jason

Thanks, Jason.

I'm sending the stream from the flash player with rtmp to the wowza server. Users can record video from a website, not FMLE...

Hi
    OK in that case, the same applies to the flash player.
    The source of the stream controls the Keyframes before it's sent to Wowza.

Jason

Hi Jason, well.... I've tried but unfortunately this didn't make a difference (this._camera.setKeyFrameInterval(1)). Setting the seekTarget property to enhanced in the application.xml did make a difference, but not to my linking. This leads me to believe that the keyframe interval is set by encoding from the server. Somehow it converts the stream to an .flv.

Come on, there must be someone who knows or who can point me in the right direction?

Hi dennis,

Let me try to help. The number of keyframes (complete pictures) cannot be changed without transcoding. So, Wowza is not changing it. You have the right Action Script function to set the keyframe interval. You'll have to test on your if your encoder (flash) is producing the proper keyframe interval. There could be some other issue like way to high of a bitrate.

You can try to describe more about what your overall goal is and maybe someone can offer a suggestion.

Hi Randall,

I've tried a smaller size and quality and that did produce more keyframes, but the quality is unacceptable. We are filming users doing a highfive and then stitching the videos together for a sequence of highfives. Users should be able to set (frame precise) when they hit the marker, so we can time the playback. Creating a continuous sequence of highfives when we run the videos back to back. We need flv in a high quality with lots of keyframes, so if transcoding can help me solve this, please tell me how

Thanks, Dennis

Hi
    I've tried a smaller size and quality and that did produce more keyframes
    So your encoder (custom built flash player) is in control of Keyframes...
    It appears that your encoder isn't powerful enough to give more Keyframes when encoding in high quality.

Jason

But how does the seekTarget property influence the number of keyframes then? I'll read up on transcoding...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast