Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: General wondering

Default General wondering

1. I remember reading something about the stream sleeping until someone watches it, was that real or did I dream it? That is, it taking less whilst.

2. The Mediacaster types on the listener, never got an answer, can you listen to two types or not? Just want to confirm.

3. Can you use a license on different servers, or will I have to buy two licenses for two different servers?

If only using Flash RTMP clients you can use Application.xml /StreamType "rtp-live" and not have to use StreamManager to start streams, and they will stop if not being played after 60 seconds.

For MediaCaster notifier, take a look at this example, which works for any MediaCaster type:
    http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....otify2-example

Subscription licenses can be used on multiple machines and instances of Wowza. Perpetual license can only be used for one Wowza instance.

Richard

Just to make sure, on the first question, you were referring to the the "startup stream monitor"?
    Sounded a bit odd.

About the mediacaster, I was referring to "startup stream monitor" not being able to listen to more than one Mediacaster type.
    If we were on the same page, then you mean that implementing this will solve that? (doubt that's what you meant.)

Regardless we've already gotten a server and bought a Wowza license.

Bolle

Bolle,

Not sure what you are meaning by "listen to more than one MediaCaster type", or "startup stream monitor". There are several MediaCaster stream types. Use the one that is appropriate for a given stream.

Do mean the ModuleMediaCasterStreamMonitorAdvanced
    http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....onitorAdvanced

That watches all MediaCaster streams for the application it is enabled in.

You asked about "stream sleeping until someone watches it", and the answer to how to do that is change /conf/[app-name]/Application.xml /StreamType to "rtp-live". As long as you are only using Flash RTMP clients, you will get "stream sleeping until someone watches it". You do not need to use StreamManager to pre-start the stream, Wowza will start it when a Flash RTMP client first tries to play it, and will stop the stream 60 seconds after the last client has stopped playing it.

Richard

Sorry for not being more specific, I meant the MediaCaster type concerning: http://www.wowza.com/forums/showthre...tream-files%29
    The mediacaster type chooses what method to use and it won't let you listen to two at once, I wanted to know if it is possible to make one instance of wowza server, that's running the Startupstream monitor, to run two types of mediacaster types at once.
    About the RTP live, it only works for RTP mediacaster types then?

You can start as many as you want with any mediacaster type. Give it a try. The tutorials show what type io use for in different cases, rtp is most common, used for RTSP sources from ip cams and upd mpeg-ts encoder

Richard

It seems you misunderstood again, what I meant is that I can only run one type at once, that is I want to run Liverepeater and RTP at the same time, not just one type. It's not about how many streams I want to run.

Richard, is there a way to set the startupstreams to listen to more than one type or not? If there isn't then I would want to know.
    So that there isn't a mix up, the property
    <Property>
    	<Name>startupStreamsMonitorMediaCasterType</Name>
    	<Value>rtp</Value>
    </Property>
    Can it be set to more than one mediacaster type?

Aw well, I found a solution using startupstreams.xml. Thanks anyways...

Hey charbel,

Thanks for reporting back that you found a solution. May I ask what was the solution? Start the stream in StartupStreams.xml using MediaCasterType "rtp", and then setting the StreamType to "liverepeater" in your Application.xml?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast