Thread: Strream not working on IOS TODAY.

Default Strream not working on IOS TODAY.

We are not able to get streaming working on IOS devices. Seems to play on PCs, Macs, but not IOS devices.

Stream will be live sunday 6/10 til 12:30 cst:

http://mobberly.org/ministries/watch_live

It has been working fine, and we have not changed anything. Are there any changes to the east coast servers (virginia)??

We need this working asap, so any help would be appreciated.

-Ben

A little more info:

Streaming rtmp from Adobe media encoder to AMI on EC2 - ami-30e44159 from the AMI list:

ami-30e44159 US East (Virginia) us-east-1 64-bit m1.small, c1.medium, m1.large, m1.xlarge, m2.xlarge, m2.2xlarge, m2.4xlarge, c1.xlarge

The stream seems to be playing fine on all devices and computers (inc Droid), but not on any IOS devices (iphone/ipad/ etc).

Where to go for logs?

-BEN

Hi volkswatson,

The log location is mentioned in the Wowza User Guide, also in the EC2 Guide "Linux shell command cheat sheet for beginners".

Some Cupertino streaming tips:
    1. If Flash and Droid(RTSP) are working, but Cupertino (iOS) is not, then it could be:
    a. Cupertino properties not set. See sections 3.b and 3.c in this tutorial.
    b. Encoding not compatible with iOS. See the recommended encoding here.

2. Post your Cupertino URI you're trying to play. Maybe there's a typo.

Quote Originally Posted by randall View Post
    Hi volkswatson,

The log location is mentioned in the Wowza User Guide, also in the EC2 Guide "Linux shell command cheat sheet for beginners".

Some Cupertino streaming tips:
    1. If Flash and Droid(RTSP) are working, but Cupertino (iOS) is not, then it could be:
    a. Cupertino properties not set. See sections 3.b and 3.c in this tutorial.
    b. Encoding not compatible with iOS. See the recommended encoding here.

2. Post your Cupertino URI you're trying to play. Maybe there's a typo.
    This does not help me. As I mentioned, it has been working fine for months, so obviously the link/properties hasn't changed. We have been using the same encoding options as we have for months. I'll double check the encoder, but I still think the problem is not on our end.

The stream would start to play, then stop. We had users all over the US experience this. It would only play a second or two.

I posted the URL yesterday. It is not running now, but if we can set a time, I'll start something playing.

-Ben

If nothing has changed, then I'm not sure the culprit is. I would look at [install-dir]/logs/wowzamediaserver_access.log for clues. What iOS device and OS version are you testing with and what profile is the stream encoded to? You can test playing back to our test server http://184.72.239.149:1935/vod/sample.mp4/playlist.m3u8

-Lisa