Thread: Enable Transcoding on stream from Client Call

Lightbulb Enable Transcoding on stream from Client Call

Trying to create a call from my publishing client to enable transcoding. This code seems to initialize the transcoding template put won't create the transcoded streams. Anybody have any insight on this?

ILiveStreamTranscoder transcoder = LiveStreamTranscoderFactory.createInstance(stream, new LiveStreamTranscoderItem("transcoder","com.wowza.wms.transcoder.model.LiveStreamTranscoder"));
    stream.putLiveStreamTranscoder("transcoder", transcoder);

I don't think there's a way in the API to do it dynamically like this. The transcoder stream must be configured from Application.xml and transcoder templates.

You can create a Psuedo-live stream using the StreamManager API on an existing transcoder enabled application.

What if the application is already transcoder ready? Meaning the only thing that's stopping the transcoder from running is an ILiveStreamTranscoderControl class. Problem is that isLiveStreamTranscode only seems to run when the source stream first starts. Even tried resetting the source stream but it doesn't seem to work.

I basically want to only enable transcoding when needed.

I'll look into StreamManager

Take a look at this example:

http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....erver-side-API

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by rrlanham View Post
    Take a look at this example:

http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....erver-side-API

Richard
    Yes I'm currently doing that. I guess the issue I'm having is turning on transcoding after the TranscoderControl "said" no. The transcodercontrol class is only called when the source stream first starts publishing. I need to be able to turn it back on say 1 minute after the fact.

The API does not support starting the transcoder in this way. It must be configured in Application.xml and use the templating system. There is not a way to start in on demand like this.

Richard

Thanks Richard. Any links that you can send my way on Stream Manager? Is it the com.wowza.wms.stream.publish.Publisher class?