Thread: Desperate for help in configuring streaming media in a webpage.

Default Desperate for help in configuring streaming media in a webpage.

I got the Wowza server installed and running on our server.

I was able to use the example page for simplevideostreaming. I can access the page from anywhere on the web and it will play the video that I select by filling in the parameters at the bottom.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but I don't want the user to have to fill in the IP address and the name of the video for them to see it. I don't even want those things to show up.

I just want a window that I can resize as needed to appear where I want it in the webpage that has a video in it. I would like the option of having that video start automatically, or to wait for a click from the user. Clicking on the video itself (like is done on YouTube would be best, but a button is also OK).

I guess the progress bar is fine to display, but it shouldn't be as large.

I need to have the parameters already entered correctly. I could not find where the info that tells it to look at localhost (for some reason, that doesn't work) and sample.mp4 are stored, so I was unable to change it. Again, I don't even want that info showing up, but unless I can program in the correct info, it needs to be there.

The modified page I made on my server with my own test video can be found here:

http://129.170.48.20/example/SimpleV...streaming.html

Once the page is up, the 'Server' textbox must be changed from 'rtmp://localhost/vod' to 'rtmp://129.170.48.20/vod'.

The 'Stream' textbox should be changed from 'mp4:sample.mp4' to 'mp4:Nightmare.mp4' although either will work. Just shows different videos.

Again, the only controls I want is a smaller streamlined progress bar (if possible), a fullscreen button, and a Pause/Play button (or click the video to Pause/Play)

I would love to know how I can set these parameters and eliminate the things I do not want to see on the page. Basically, I want it to show up in a table on a webpage like an image with the absolute minimal controls possible.

Not being an expert in Flash, I really can't figure out how to change all that, and what if the client-side computer doesn't have flash?

I am used to the Object-code that YouTube and other video sites use to embed videos into webpages with changable parameters, but I can not find anything like that in your setup.

Please help me make this work for my department, so I can go ahead and buy the full license.

Thank you,
    Bob

I responded to your support ticket #30761.

-Lisa

BOb I am not able to answer your questions. On the other hand I have a problem that I am hopping you can help me with. Could you give me the steps to configure to setup my IP address. In other words I would like to access the sample file from anywhere.

Thanks

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by dartmouthBob View Post
    I got the Wowza server installed and running on our server.

I was able to use the example page for simplevideostreaming. I can access the page from anywhere on the web and it will play the video that I select by filling in the parameters at the bottom.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but I don't want the user to have to fill in the IP address and the name of the video for them to see it. I don't even want those things to show up.

I just want a window that I can resize as needed to appear where I want it in the webpage that has a video in it. I would like the option of having that video start automatically, or to wait for a click from the user. Clicking on the video itself (like is done on YouTube would be best, but a button is also OK).

I guess the progress bar is fine to display, but it shouldn't be as large.

I need to have the parameters already entered correctly. I could not find where the info that tells it to look at localhost (for some reason, that doesn't work) and sample.mp4 are stored, so I was unable to change it. Again, I don't even want that info showing up, but unless I can program in the correct info, it needs to be there.

The modified page I made on my server with my own test video can be found here:

http://129.170.48.20/example/SimpleV...streaming.html

Once the page is up, the 'Server' textbox must be changed from 'rtmp://localhost/vod' to 'rtmp://129.170.48.20/vod'.

The 'Stream' textbox should be changed from 'mp4:sample.mp4' to 'mp4:Nightmare.mp4' although either will work. Just shows different videos.

Again, the only controls I want is a smaller streamlined progress bar (if possible), a fullscreen button, and a Pause/Play button (or click the video to Pause/Play)

I would love to know how I can set these parameters and eliminate the things I do not want to see on the page. Basically, I want it to show up in a table on a webpage like an image with the absolute minimal controls possible.

Not being an expert in Flash, I really can't figure out how to change all that, and what if the client-side computer doesn't have flash?

I am used to the Object-code that YouTube and other video sites use to embed videos into webpages with changable parameters, but I can not find anything like that in your setup.

Please help me make this work for my department, so I can go ahead and buy the full license.

Thank you,
    Bob

If you have a home router you can use a service like DynDNS to create a domain name and have them update the DNS whenever the IP of your router changes.

Richard