Thread: Wrong encoding of audio in RTSP stream from camera

Default Wrong encoding of audio in RTSP stream from camera

I have an RTSP stream from a camera in this URL: rtsp:// This streams the video in h.264 encoder and the audio as mu law 8000 Hz PCM. If I use VLC I can see and hear well. Also, while watching the stream when Wowza restream it to a flash client everything seems fine. However, I use an rtp-record type of stream, and the result recorded file has bad Audio track. Video is fine, but it seems to get the audio as APDCM with 54000 Hz.

Probably it doesn't work because mulaw is not supported by the Flash file container.

You will have to transcode with the Wowza Transcoder, or a 3rd party program like FFMPEG, mencoder, VLC, etc..

I am not sure I understand - The stream is using RTSP and is recorded in mp4 format buy Wowza. Why should the Flash file container limitations have any connection?

No, you are right - the file is being recorded in flv format. Can I make Wowza record it in mp4?

Sorry for the back and forth - I change the start command to have mp4: prefix and indeed the stream is recorded in mp4 format. However, now the recorded file doe not have any audio track at all!

Hi, I am still looking for a camera that will give me supported audio track. Do you know if G.726 ADPCM 16-40kbps codec will be supported by my cenario (distributing the stream by Wowza to flash clients)?