Wowza Community

how to conect to axis camera

hello,

i worked with vivotek camera,

i put in the content folder a file that his name is vivotek.stream and in the file i wrote rtsp://192.168.1.105:554/live.sdp

and it worked.

i"m trying to work with an axis 215 camera and i dont know what i need to write in the axis.stream file.

what is the url that i need to write to connect the axis camera?

thank’s.

hello,

i worked with vivotek camera,

i put in the content folder a file that his name is vivotek.stream and in the file i wrote rtsp://192.168.1.105:554/live.sdp

and it worked.

i"m trying to work with an axis 215 camera and i dont know what i need to write in the axis.stream file.

what is the url that i need to write to connect the axis camera?

thank’s.

I don’t believe that the 215 supports h.264 on-board which means that you’ll need to run the Wowza transcoder (additional $$) to get this specific camera to work. If it does support h.264 then the normal Axis URI is: rtsp://username:password@ipaddress/axis-media/media.amp If it does not have h.264 on board then you’ll want to figure out what the RTSP connection string is and enter that in to the .stream file. You can do this via VLC if needed. Then you’ll need to set up a Wowza transcoder that will encode it to h.264 and add the name of the encoder to the end of the stream. For example: rtsp://wowzaserver/application/axis.stream_h264

Hope that helps,

Benjamin

The uri that Bencredible mentions is the correct one for that Axis camera model:

rtsp://camera-ip-addr/mpeg4/media.amp

and also correct that it does not support H.264

If you put the above url into VLC, you should see playback

from the camera.

That camera supports mpeg4 part 2. Wowza will be able to

ingest that format, but the Transcoder AddOn will be required

to re-stream back through Wowza.

thank you for your answer but its not working.

i still dont know what i need to write in the text file in the content folder, axis.stream.

the uri that you gave is not working.

i can connect to the camera with

Unicast via RTSP: axrtsp:///mpeg4/media.amp(from axis 215 manual).

just from windows media player, via vlc it’s not working.

but i dont know how to connect the stream after i stream it from the wowza server.