Thread: New project questions

Default New project questions

We have a customer that will be broadcasting 4 to 5 live feeds on the weekends of different events in our community. Each event will have a 50 - 200 viewers and he will save the stream for video on demand available on his web site.

Our problem is that the current data center only supports 100mb connections and the client wants to stream at 512K. so we have a few questions

1) we can use load balancing with two servers to over come this issue but I was confused if I need to purchase an add on with with wowza or if I need to download and configure dynamic load balancing?

2) He would like to make content available to IOS devices. Is there a player we can use on the web page that will also work for IOS device or do we need to make a mobile page for the content?

3) Does any one have a suggestion or is there any books about administrating a Wowza 3 server?

TIA
    Josh

1) we can use load balancing with two servers to over come this issue but I was confused if I need to purchase an add on with with wowza or if I need to download and configure dynamic load balancing?

You can get another server with its own link to increase your total bandwidth. You would need an additional Wowza license, or get a "Daily License" which may be more cost effective. You would just download the free LoadBalancer module which contains a readme.

The Wowza EC2 model is also good for intermittent streaming like you are doing.

2) He would like to make content available to IOS devices. Is there a player we can use on the web page that will also work for IOS device or do we need to make a mobile page for the content?

Check the "Playback" section from one of the tutorials for examples on how to play to different devices.

3) Does any one have a suggestion or is there any books about administrating a Wowza 3 server?

It's best to start with reading through the Quick Start Guide and the Wowza User Guide. All can be found here: www.wowza.com/forums