Thread: How to Detect Video/Audio Frames?

Default How to Detect Video/Audio Frames?

Hello!

Anyone have an idea what method I'd use that can be found in the server side API that can check for incoming audio or video frames? I've seen RecieveAudio and RecieveVideo, but I don't know if that's the correct method....

Thanks!

Cindy

Hi Cindy,

Can you clarify what the overall goal is here? Is it just to check that the stream is being published (data is being sent)?

Quote Originally Posted by randall View Post
    Hi Cindy,

Can you clarify what the overall goal is here? Is it just to check that the stream is being published (data is being sent)?
    I need to develop a stream recording module using Wowza to combine one video source and possibly a dynamic number of audio sources into one output file or multiple synced files. The audio and video data (otherwise known as frames) is sent to this module to be processed. This means I need to read the incoming bytes, place them into a byte array, and then encode them into mp4 format into a single directly.

I have no idea where to even start for ANY of these functions, and I've been uselessly combing through the Wowza server-side API. I would probably cry for joy if you were able to help me, because I've been stuck on this for the past couple of days! I really appreciate all your help, Randall!
    Last edited by cindiiwang; 06-22-2012 at 07:04 AM.

Cindii,

The normal suggestion is to write to support@wowza.com and ask for the list of independent consultants. Feel free to PM me if you come up with anything. I'm interested.

But, if you want to investigate yourself search the API docs for "com.wowza.wms.stream.publish.Publisher".

See here and here for examples of getting to the stream on both higher and lower levels.